Asrock WRX80 R2 - after Windows update dead

Hi guys,

updatet Radeon drivers than reboot, after that updated Windows every thing worked fine yesterday. Today I can not start it shows status 00 and all fans are running .
Any clue for that?

1 Like

We need some more information

• What happens with the screen?
  • Does NumLock cycle
  • Plug in speakers or headphones, do you hear the windows start up chime?
  • Can you Access bios at all?
  • Have you reset the bios
  • What are the results of initiating a bios flashback
    Do you have another gpu
1 Like

No - after power on without delay status is 00 all fans working loud . Board doesn’t initialize and shuts down after a while. Can not be started by power button - PSU switched off - wait 10 sec - switch on - board gets power and shows status 00 without delay again all fans working and does not initialize. Will try a bios flashback and test another gpu.

1 Like

Sounds like that windows update in background while installing Radeon driver bug

1 Like

Bios is not accesable, Board has no flashback option like Asus, other GPU doesn’t change anything. Will try to clear CMOS by shortening jumper.

2 Likes

that’s what ASrock suggest:

Debug Code Description
FF, 00 - 19 D0 - D3 Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then clear the CMOS.

https://asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Debug

1 Like

Try and see if you can access the BMC, you’ll need it connected to a network

1 Like

No access to BMC. Removed RAM, CPU, GPU and installed it new after that I cleared CMOS. Now board powers up and goes into a status bla bla 14 15 C2 loop

1 Like

Postcodes on AMD suck big time, but that 15 is probably close to the first steps of memory training.
C2 might still be part of that, not that we know.

Does the board do the code 10 without memory?
And what is happening after C2?

1 Like

It’s looping endless bla bla 14, 15 , C2 bla bla 14 15v C2

1 Like

yeah, that’s memory training errors. your cpu may not have been resocketed adequately - I’d try redoing it, while also reseating all the ram to be sure it’s making good contact. the cpu pins are finnicky on this socket and you can follow all the instructions and have memory training errors or outright lost channels. try not to unsocket the cpu once you have it working properly. when you’re able to get into the bios, 1.15V SOC voltage also goes a long way towards memory retraining stability.

1 Like

Update - removed CPU and RAM and reseated again. Started training with only 2 dimms - this worked. Please cross fingers to train another 6 dimms

2 Likes

One RDIMM was defect - everything’s fine again

3 Likes

Gotta watch those temps. After getting some more data I’m starting to think stability is only really possible if dimms generally are below 63c +/-

I had one die too under mysterious circumstances

3 Likes

I’m thinking about installing this:

I’ve got a Corsair 1000d case with 2x480 and 1 x 420 radiators and 20 fans - but I must find something to cool RAM and NVMEs

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.