AsRock RACK ROMED4ID-2T

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=ROMED4ID-2T#Specifications

Capture.PNG

Proprietary, 6.7" x 8.2"
Single Socket SP3 AMD EPYC™ 7002 series Processors
4 DIMMs
1 PCIe4.0 x 16
2 Slimline (PCIe 4.0 x8 or 8 SATA 6Gb/s), 4 Slimline (PCIe 4.0 x8)
1 M-key (PCIe4.0 x4/SATA)
2 Likes

idk what use case someone would have that they need Epyc and Itx, but i guess its cool

2 Slimline (PCIe 4.0 x8 or 8 SATA 6Gb/s), 4 Slimline (PCIe 4.0 x8)

lol those cables are going to be expensive AF, my pcie hba cables were $100 a pop

what’s… …oohhh, yeah NVMe drive cables and all that yeah. it also looks more like an extended ITX.

Funny you should mention that! At work, we managed to find a 2U chassis that fits two mini-itx boards and flex PSUs. One board to replace a dying gateway server, and the other to play with.
Still waiting on the vendor to get the power suppies in stock, unfortunately.

I thought it was a neat form factor at least.

2 Likes

Seen those chassis, I guess if rack space is at a premium then you might want that, but they make 1u servers so the 2 u two server isn’t much in terms of space saving, when you look at it that way. Have fun with it tho, its definitely going to be super niche board with main stream being at 16 core. (If we ever get Nvme NAS box might be cool for small form factor NAS but thats not going to be cheap enough anytime soon)

Bigg D Energy [demanding] ITX!?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.