ASRock Rack introduces the PAUL! An IPMI PCIe card

Yes, but I don’t see any that look power related. The labels all have debug and fan and USB and what not on them :smiley:

Aux 1 and aux 2 probably completely programmable

I meant ipmi card in a thunderbolt pcie enclosure.

1 Like

You and your apple products

2 Likes

Macmini ESXi cluster would be way better with them.

1 Like

Got an email back from the ASRock Rack team ->

“Thank you for your patience! According to product firmware engineering team, it’s said that the PAUL card works on all standard PCIe slot , and they are working on the documentation for this product and may release it soon. Thank you!”

Also, I can’t say enough nice things about how fast they got back to me and how easy they were to work with!

8 Likes

Wow.
I・NEED・THIS

??? where did you get it from? are they for sale anywhere?

1 Like

You want, or you have?
I’m not saying some of us are jealous, but we would certainly be grateful for a review?
Also, if you could tell us whether you got it through commercial channels (I.e. internet shop) or through enterprise (from a vendor) or if you are a tester of parts. If you can tell us that is.

That may or may not be a bot based on recent postings.

2 Likes

Hey, you, ruining my dreams like the most sadistic of teachers… Do you also use a red pen of DOOM?

1 Like

You think those are people you’re talking to?

1 Like

If you get word on release keep us in the loop

Scalpers probably will be all over this.
Anyone knows how much is the fish? :wink:

I don’t think anyone knows what the MSRP will be as of yet. I think $100 is the sweet spot for this card but we’ll see. Anything over that, it becomes too much of a dealbreaker. I’m betting it’s $150 though. Might be worth it if you have a AM4 workstation that you absolutely love and have a x1 slot open for it.

I don’t think this will be anywhere near 100$ considering IPMI is on 200$ boards… sure it’s a separate PCB but shouldn’t be that expensive.

2 Likes

Got some here if you’re in Australia, bit more than I was expecting, hopefully because of poor currency conversion…

3 Likes

Oh, two hundred dollarydoo’s?
That must be three shillings and sixpence

1 Like

does L1T have an AsRock Rack rep? i notice so many threads here for their new stuff and it’s it’s SMB/Enterprise/Home Lab friendly stuff.

3 Likes

Someone over on STH has a sample and has some comments on it working:

3 Likes