ASRock Phantom Gaming (ASRock GPUs)

That’s a shame. I was looking forward to comparing them to the other offerings and seeing how pricing stacks up. Oh well. Not like I am in the market for an upgrade anyway.

Turns out the RX580 is kinda meh. Doesn’t perform much above reference and runs loud. VRM is basic, but adequate. Pretty cheap build overall.

Certainly not going to win any records with this card.

So now it becomes a question of pricing.

Techpowerup is guessing it’s going to be on the cheaper side for RX580s, and it’s certainly built like a cheaper card. No backplate, only three heatpipes, basic VRM, et cetera.

Why are there two low side MOSFETs? Must be on the cheaper side.

The empty space on the right suggests there were plans for more power.

Just to confirm, the ASRock cards are in stock at German e-tailers.
But with the prices dropping overall, they are not that cheap.

They are in stores in Bulgaria as well. They aren’t the cheapest, PowerColor still sell the cheapest GPUs, but they are close second…

Newegg (US) has them too. Price looks kinda average.

Everything in them looks kinda average. Average price, average performance, average noise, average thermals… Everything in them is average…

Vega 64 with reference cooler…

WHY

also…

mysterious? unbeatable?

wtf are their marketing teams smoking

1 Like

Price. But also because they probably haven’t invested into fabs for that kinda stuff. I’m pretty sure they are testing the waters without fully committing.

1 Like

Smoking some of that glue.

But for real, like @noenken said, easier/cheaper to start with a reference design than to start with a custom design.

Actually nice to see that again for water coolers, because every other brand is out of stock on reference, and the few there are have ridiculous prices.

So for that :+1:

2 Likes