ASRock Phantom Gaming (ASRock GPUs)

Yes. Easily. As long as the VRAM is enough a Fury is still stupid fast.
On windows it is a slightly different story but on linux not a lot can touch a Fury.

Concur. A Fury will exceed a RX580 in Framerates for most usage cases, (even if just barely), except where lots of VRAM is needed.

Ofcourse it runs hotter and consumes more power, but that’s a given.

Are those linux benchmarks?

Windows.
Recent 44 GPU test by Steve from Hardware Unboxed.

Last test I could find from off the bat

2 June 2017.

51 GPUs Tested, From The Radeon HD 2900XT To RX 580 & R9 Fury: Testing The 2017 Linux Driver Stack

And things have changed a lot since then.

Hmm, would be interesting to give a 580 another shot. I don’t have one unfortunately, closest I can come is a 570 ITX with 4GB and that is a bit unfair.

Looks good. I would happily buy one… assuming anyone actually can.

Yeah yor me the 8GB of VRam is more important than the Core Clock or the memory clock, as well as the supported openGL. As long as the 580 I have doesn’t randomly decide TF2 and Slime Rancher are impossible to run, it really doesn’t matter to me.

2 Likes

Update: RX 580 and RX 560 are confirmed.

3 Likes

This has me curious, it just stood out

I have a feeling it’s just marketing wank for normal heatpipes.

Semi-unrelated: Rumor mill is saying that Colorful might be the OEM for the ASRock cards, basing it off of the very similar coolers between the two brands.

1 Like

The Sapphire RX400 series looked very similar too.

The shroud is certainly very similar, although the mold tooling is different in a few places. The fans are different and it looks like the heatsink itself is different with larger fin spacing on the Asrock.

So, tomshardware just reported those won’t be available in Europe.

Only on their German site currently:

TL;DR they were contacted by ASRock and asked where they got their test sample and the ASRock person told them they were currently not allowed to sell them in Europe because AMD didn’t give them the go OK. Reasons are currently unknown.

Huh, that’s weird. I would have thought they must be pretty happy to push ASRock right now when the GPP was still happening.

Yeah well, some people suspect that there are some contracts in play for exclusivity (for other vendors) for a certain amount of time. That would make sense, because I guess AMD wouldn’t block them from selling over nothing.

It’ll probably come out over time what’s behind this.

1 Like

Interesting. And a shame really, those GPUs look really neat.

1 Like

It will be the Chinese market products all over again… The FX 8300 and the R9 380X I believe was first Chinese market only… And yet we had them locally before they allowed selling them all over the world…
PS: oh yeah, GPP ain’t happening anymore…

That is what I figured aswell. Getting more brands in the race won´t hurt them, so it has to be contract related.

#freedomofchoice

Shows you what the words of marketing are worth.