ASRock EPYCD8-2T not powering on

Thanks for the followup, it’s helpful to know this behavior exists.

Was this discovery in time to make a claim on the defective processor?

1 Like

Of course, it is the duty of every responsible nerd to make sure they are not the next DenverCoder9.

wisdom_of_the_ancients

Short version, yes.

Long version, when the seller created the eBay listing they specified a 30 day return window. But in the description they wrote that they only accept returns within 14 days. I learned it was definitely faulty on day 19 after it was delivered. Because the listing had 30 days specified in eBay’s system, I was able to get an automated return and it is already in the mail. The seller could refuse to accept the return, but between their error when creating the listing, the fact that they ignored my attempt to contact them when I was still within the 14 day period letting them know that it hasn’t been working and that I am waiting on a 3rd mobo to test it with, a mountain of evidence I compiled including pictures, and that I bought it with a credit card, they are NOT getting away with screwing me out of my money.

The real pain in the ass is that I am now on going onto week 6 of a 3 week long project and my NAS still isn’t upgraded, but what can ya do. Once I finally have a working system, I am planning on redoing my NAS on vanilla FreeBSD and will be writing a little how-to guide that I will post here for fellow homelabbers who are interested in full ZFS support without corporate strings attached like I have been for a few years now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.