Asrock 970 Extreme4 8350 OC

Hey!  I was wondering if anyone has experience overclocking with this motherboard and the 8350.  I know the VRM is not the largest so I'm not expecting to get an extreme overclock.  Thanks for any help and suggestions!

i would advice not try to overclock, the 4+1 powerphase and analog vrm´s are not realy made for powerhungry 8 core cpu´s.

The motherboard you have is a 4+1 phase motherboard and they do not provide good power delivery to the CPU. You definitely should not overclock until you get a 6+2 or 8+2 or bigger. You risk frying your CPU and MOBO if you do OC on that board. 

Ok, thanks for all your help!  I knew the power phase wasn't the greatest, but I already have this motherboard so I didn't want it to go to waste.  I will definitely get a 990 board or something in the future so I can overclock and so I have PCI-E 3.0

You still won't have pci 3.0. The chipset supports it but the processors don't.

Oh darn, that's right...  Oh well, it shouldn't bottleneck unless I've got maybe 3 780ti cards or something like that.

Asus did put out a 990fx board with pcie 3.0, here it is: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-sabertooth990fxr20