Asoiaf

How many of you read these books? How far are you, and what do you think about them? Try to stay away from spoilers! 

Heres a terrible pun for you, The Lord of Light...er. http://puu.sh/HWfJ The Picture is giant so theres the link. 

I know I'm definitely a fan of them, eagerly awaiting the release of the next one.  There was a video posted by Jimmy not too long ago which pretty well sums up my feelings. http://teksyndicate.com/comment/1262479

That lighter is pretty awesome.

I'm about halfway through A Game of Thrones right now and so far it's pretty good. Although, George R.R. Martin's writing style is a little plain for my taste so far. He seems to write everything very matter-of-factly rather than using a bunch of flowerly language. It's still a good book so far though.

That video is absolutely amazing lol. Vortex, If A Game of Thrones doesn't get you hooked A Clash of Kings should. Then once you get to A Storm of Swords you won't know what to do with yourself haha, or at least I didn't. I had to take a break from reading after the R.W. for those of you who read you should know what I'm talking about. One of the best series of books I have read in a while, in my opinion. 

Currently 1/4 throught he first volume of ADWD, absolutely love it.

I started reading the books after the first series which some might say is the wrong way to do it but I love the books.

I love the brutality and realism of the whole series.

Eagerly awaiting the next one.

Jesus does it feels like years between each book...oh wait..

Yeah, I've been reading A Game of Thrones little by little, and I'm most of the way through it now. It definitely starts to speed up quite a bit after the first 400ish pages.

I guess I deleted my picture, here you go. 

Read all that have been released. Generally liked them, but, well, the constant running gag of "oh, you started to like this character? LET'S KILL THEM NAO" is a bit. Hm. Depressing, I suppose? But beyond that, not a bad series at all, as long as you have the time to go through it. One caveat though - I severely doubt that the wwhole series will be finished sooner than ~2030 or so. The release rate has been nothing short of ridiculous, and the way the story is left now, well, there's obviously at least two, if not three/four/five books left to go.