Ask Us Anything [Within Reason]

It's just been ironic lately... Things have failed that I've planned for months if not years...

New Zealand

Coffee or Tea?

Oh I've got a good one!

Logan, what's your favorite sLogan?

2 Likes

Wiill we get the thing you talked about with Wendell about the email server thing you guys were gonna make? In the video where you talked about trying not to use google services but your own thing.

Wendell and Logan, when does it make sense to go Xeon/ECC RAM for a home machine? There are clear reasons to go mainstream/enthusiast AMD or Intel for gaming and light productivity, just as there are clear reasons to go with Xeons for huge mission-critical enterprise servers and workstations. What about for those people in the middle, who do heavy productivity at home and also game on the same machines? When does it make sense to fork over the cash for the (usually) increased price of a Xeon/ECC machine?

I have been watching The Tek for a very long time now, just found out about this forum, so far the forum makes no sence at all, and felt kinda like an iQ test for the first 5 minutes.. Anyway:

Are you autistic?? If yes, do you have any cool abilities? If no.. Are you sure?

Must be The Fast jokes ability! (Tommy Chopstick)

If you're cool with someone else answering this: He's definitely not autistic, and I'm pretty sure his humour comes from improv classes I think he mentioned in a previous INBOX.

This one goes out to @wendell specifically:

What steps have you taken to anonymize your data on the internet? You mentioned on an episode that you use a bunch of different accounts and stuff among other techniques and I was just curious what steps one can take to put out more "noise than signal" so to speak regarding that sort of thing.

Also, congratulations and thank you! The linux content between you and logan have heavily inspired me to switch to Xubuntu some while ago which has been fairly successful compared to my earlier attempts at linux. I might switch to a different distro at some point, however I've found the least amount of hassle with Xubuntu so yeah. Just wanted to say keep up the good work on the linux stuff.

Now back to the rest of the syndicate:

It's been great watching you guys evolve over time as a long time subscriber. I only contribute $1/mo on patreon cause poor college student but I think you guys are doing something great. If I ever come into money I would love to donate more though.

1 Like

Do you guys plan to do another community adventure on the scale of HighLander at some point?

Hey,
Could @Logan make a video about his process of making Zweihander songs? I am very interested, and would like to see his approach and creative process.

Thanks! Love inbox!

What device/devices do you (Pistol possibly Logan) vape on and the E-juice?
How can Me become as awesome as you guys .... wait that's not a question that's withing reason because you guys are too awesome!

What can I do to enter the technology industry? Degrees/jobs/studies/certificates/etc. Thanks!!

Here's one I'd find really interesting.
What did you guys study at school?
Would be interesting to know what @Wendell and @DeusQain studied, too.

Oh, and what happened to @Spankks?

What's your opinion on Speed Running?

Are you both into any anime? If so, what tickles your fancy?
My personal favorites are Berserk, Attack on Titan, Hellsing and Space Dandy.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is an entry level JRPG for the western audience cause the devs think that the game was too hard and made this. My Question is what the most annoying issue that you had with computers.

ps. I don't mind Mystic Quest beat the game a bunch of times when I was a kid.

@logan @Pistol Finally got a chance to watch the inbox episode and wanted to clarify. I get it, I know you guys cover all that stuff on The Tek, but I guess what I was getting at was a shorter summarized video format dedicated to teaching people what to do and how to do it if they want to fight against corporate corruption. Doesn't have to be another channel, I just said that because you said in the past you didn't want to clutter up the main channel with Hardware reviews, so thought this might create a similar problem.

In other words, quick videos that you can easily share with others on social media or at the work place and teach them about corruption. It's a little hard to convince the average bonehead to watch an hour long show just to get to the important part.

That's not to say The Tek is too long, I love it they way it is. You could even have a dedicated segment on The Tek that can then be edited down to just that segment that is 5-10 mins long and re uploaded. Don't even need film anything new.

But thanks for answering my question guys! See you in April!

New Question! Should I drive the Tek Mobile from Dallas to Seattle? Or take a Plane?

Lol... I hate almost every JRPG anyway. I much prefer the ones with action combat. Anyway, Mysyic Quest is a bad example of a genre I dislike.

1 Like

I'm the same way. Mystic Quest is the only JRPG I EVER liked, ironically.