Ask Us Anything [Within Reason]

''what's your favourite dinosaur ?"

2 Likes

could you do more product reviews? i feel the only reason linus has viewers is because you guys dont do them all. unbiased reviews from people who actually know what they are talking about is somewhat hard to find in the tech field and you guys do it great.

also those desk mats are awesome.

when I meant UNIX I meant more solaris esk things

1 Like

Have you read "taken by the t rex"?

******HARDWARE DONATIONS******

I have some computer parts. I could build another computer. I really don't need another one. I could sell my parts I guess but I thought you may be interested in obtaining these parts and building a rig to give away to the community or maybe to local charity that might be interested in PC gaming.

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work all.
Cheers

1 Like

When will we see a single card solution that runs games at 4K with max. details?

Also in regards to the LAN party how hard would it be to get a monitor and pc over the border from Canada to the U.S. if one decided to go to this?

Last but not least with teamPGP will there be more opportunities for the community that follows them to play with Wendell and the others and will they in the future kind of let us know ahead of time what games will be coming up so we can buy them if we don't already have them and join in?

Hello Pistol/Logan, I've recently joined the Tek Syndicate Community after watching your content for almost a year now.

Question: What was your first Keyboard\Mouse?

Hello, I have a question for you. I am a student in biodynamic farming in the Netherlands, and when I am done with my study am I going to start a farm in the use or Canada. When I start I will have funding from my parents to start my company. I will be brewing beer and whine, and also start living self sufficient, I am also a geek so there shall be great internet. Will you guys be interested to possibly rent an office and apartments on my farm (this is all just speculation) to run teksyndicate from. Construction costs in america and Canada are way cheaper than in holland and farmland is also really cheap so building a large office/farmhouse for a steady income is financially interesting for me and I also really like to be able to support people like you! My plan is getting like a community building probably prefab Kithaus is a great brand building office workplaces lofts studio apartments all for under 80k per unit a nice office (one person is like 40k), it makes it real easy to expand when you or I need more people to live on the farm. I would really like to hear your opinion on this, this gives me the possibility to build my dream farm and get a steady income and it will give you affordable living space + cheap fresh organic food and beer and whine!

Look into Newberg, Oregon if you are interested in the US Pacific Northwest. Some great vineyards and farming in that area and its very close to portland as well.

1 Like

Can one legal sell unused Computer compounds for cash? That have open the box seal on it?

to all members of the tek team, thanks for taking your time going through this

what are you're thoughts on Sci-Hub?

Its efforts in unblocking most scholararity articles and research is commendable. BUT does it do more harm than good? Personally i think all efforts to make any information access free for all (particularly scholar articles) encourages positive learning than do any harm, provided the authors are properly cited.

what say you?

cc Logan, Wendell, Qain & Pistoll.

Hello from Korea! I'm an English teacher out here who use to do 3d art and modelling about 10 years ago! Lost my way and now i have seen the light and I just quit my job to get back into what I love to do.
So my question is what kind of PC build do you guys suggest for modelling (zbrush/maya/blennder/DAZ) and game development software like Unreal/Unity. I never kept up with whats out there these last 10 years and just getting back into it, the information is overwhelming. thanks!

With Tek Syndicate being all political and interested in looking out for their fellow man's best interests when will we see one of you run for a political position? Is this a long term goal at all for any of you?

I understand things are hectic at the moment with the move and everything, but I'd like to know if we'll be seeing any teamPGP merch (torsopants, epic pants, pants for your arms, what have you) at some point in the future, hopefully soon. Best of luck with getting the new office set up and all, and keep making videos forever please.

I hope we see some videos of the actual move.
In the 90's an O and I move (office and industrial) would go between 5k and 20k for a small company. Will we see a tek syndicate 7890K APU budget build?

@Pistol where is the video on Encryption that wendell made like 2 weeks ago?

So this question is for Wendell I guess but I'm sure anyone here could chime in and it would be helpful.

I've been watching a ton of the videos on youtube lately and I really enjoyed the one you made about upgrading the old dual Xeon Mac Pro.

A friend of mine just upgraded to a new 5k iMac and gave me his old 1,1 Mac Pro.
Dual Xeon 3ghz
11GB of RAM
GeForce 8800 GT 512
2TB of storage spread over 4 Sata drives
Dual gigabit ethernet ports
Bluetooth

I already have a windows machine that I am happy with for day-today tasks.

So my question is what sort of interesting things can I do with this machine?

What CPU upgrades are possible?

Would it make a good home server or NAS?

What flavor of Linux would be best for it?

I'm looking for a project that will require me to get my hands dirty with linux and also be useful in some way.

This is my first time posting on Tek Syndicate. I hope this is the right place for this question. Please advise or shame if necessary.

Please do this videos

1. Office tour
  2. Vlogging videos showing your daily life !

Thanks. Keep up the good and cool works

1 Like