Ask Us Anything [Within Reason]

there is an android apk. However it is not completed.

EDIT: https://github.com/jean1880/TekSyndicateForum2

EDIT: download the APK file here

Do what I no longer can. Keep being a boss!

Why do I suddenly feel like a millennial?

@wendell @DeusQain -- You guys know more computer stuff than I do and I'd like to catch up. What are some of the more interesting, non-obvious, and useful stuff you've done? Could videos on these eventually be made? Could I have a checklist of more things to read?

Who makes your mouse pads and desk mats? Also can we get a color burning earth sticker or a "HD" burning earth?

What happened with the cloud Nas build? We've been waiting for it for a year now :( @wendell

1 Like

@Logan @Pistol @wendell Do you guys use any rewards cards from retailers when you shop in malls or at big box retailers? If so do you think they are worth the time and effort of building points and other incentives they offer?

Just wondering if Logan is a programmer. This question struck me as started using Linux recently if I remember correctly. I think it's nice if Linux is spreading to more and more general users rather than purely programmers and sysadmins.
Thoughts on Linux's current appeal to general users/what they are doing well/what they can improve? As a computer science major, it would be nice to get some non-technical opinions.
Also, if he is one, favourite/most frequently used language?

I would assume anything that is a full card that is balanced. like an old 5950

2 requests and several questions if you don't mind.

Request 1: Please do a long term review of the steam controller. I ask since I haven't consoled since the PS1 and console controllers bewilder me, yha I am 41.

Request 2: I posted this before, if you benchmark GPU's can you do a test on Star Citizen, atleast on a Hangar Walkthrough? PC Gamer UK, has done this atleast once at 1440P. Just for comparison.

Question 1: What hobbies does the Tek Syndicate enjoy? Please don't include names for specific interests, websites or hobbies. Just compile a list, maybe someone will find something they have never heard or known about, or have and do a double take on it. We can all learn from each other, at the very least what we don't like.

Question 2: Have you thought about posting videos to Vessel first and charging just US$1 for a subscription for a year and delaying the videos for a period of time until posted on Youtube? The /Drive does this, not sure the cost on Vessel, though a dollar a year for content while not paywalling content is/might be acceptable to many here.

Question 3: Is there a way to do a straw poll on your website? If so, could you post a tutorial or a handy link as to how to do this? I realize flames will result.

Question 4: How has both the website/forums and videos enriched your life and/or expanded your perspective?

Thank You for the Content and the website, I apologize for not using AMA format, though I hated it in College. Keep up the good work Tek.

Did you buy any make up with that 15 bucks I sent you Pistol (yes I realise you cant buy anything useful for 15 bucks im just being a lil shit) ? ;)

Serious Questions:

Do you think a third GPU player would massively change the market or would they just push out AMD?

Are you on the AMD 2016 hype train?

What do you think of the Heroes of Might and Magic Series? (not M&M, specifically HOMM)

Is there any music youd never listen to?

If all vehicles were self driving blue taxis, and ownership was not a thing, would that bother you?

Can you guys do a video about how the Radeon and Nvidia cards compare with DX12 out? I've heard Radeon cards take better advantage of DX12, but it seems like no one has compared them since DX12 came out. Really glad Inbox is coming back though :)

What is the best way to get stains out of carpet?

@Logan

Fire.

Or knifes

Stain all of the area which isn't stained.

5 Likes

I can't tell if I like the way you think, or abhorred.

I am considering building custom mobile edit/render/workstations and making it watercooled (think Coluga but alittle bigger), but I have one possible problem.. TSA. Have you taken Coluga on a commercial flight and had problems with check-in at TSA. I am envisioning a TSA agent opening a small watercooled PC case and losing there mind and possibly shooting the owner in the face. Agree? Should I scrap this idea or ??

Hahaha, that is funny! The TSA agent would probably think the reservoirs are C4!
Cool idea though.

1 Like

That is exactly what I was concerned about. However, there has to be a way. My thought process is the no visible coolant. Considering how overly focused they can be about ordinary crap, if done correctly it would be a incredible unit for mobile use. It can be done. Internals would have to be very blaa and not atract any attention visually.

If it's not a carry on, you're good (Assuming the handlers don't smash it). If it's a carry on, I'm sure just not bringing up the fact that the cooling system is liquid should be good. The TSA isn't particularly well known for their ability to actually identify real threats.

A more appealing alternative is to just ship it to where you're going separately.

1 Like