Ask L1Techs Anything!

I was one of them but just do not have the time for it.

And for the sake of not derailing, another question.

Q: how much does a duck weigh, no conferring on the answer.

1 Like

The computers they use when filming the News run Linux. You can see the Gnome Shell browser add-on immediately to the right of the address bar.

I assume the ones powering the displays at the back of the set also run Linux. I recall Ryan complaining about it when they were having flickering issues.

M&Ms or Skittles?

2 Likes

Can forum field trips be a thing?

Like you know how in school every now and again you go on a field trip. Let’s have the same thing, but instead of going to the museum or whatever, we could go to like the Apple campus or something… IDK. I think that it would be cool. And I have never heard of a forum based field trip before. But then again, those get together type conventions are basically field trips. :thinking:

1 Like

Forget Staci, I wanna know about her mom. (I hear she’s got it going on)

4 Likes

What happened to this?

5 Likes

Seriously. This was an awesome thread.

2 Likes

I’m kind of surprised that Wendell and Eric are friends. Eric and Ryan, on the other hand, would make perfect sense.

Is Wendell a personality of Kevin Wendell Crumb?

2 Likes

I think we are going to have some pretty good and fun content from this.

1 Like

Would Wendel be up for joining a linux unplugged episode one day?

1 Like

Can we have more Allan Jude videos?

4 Likes

Just heard Ryan mention that he has a knife in his pocket on the Level 1 News… So this begs the question… What do you guys EDC?

2 Likes

Do any of you play tabletop RPG? If so, what RPG and what is your character?

have/would you join the darkside and watch anime?

and could this be a monthly thing instead of once per call of duty?

1 Like

Will there ever be a part 3 and part 4 of the linux gaming series??

7 Likes

Do you know how fast stuff is changing?!?! Lol they shot. Working on editing.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I haven’t asked. I’ve been shocked with the progress we have had in the last few months.

I’m a relatively new follower, so I don’t know if any of this has been discussed in videos before.

I hope you at least answer some of these:

1. What, in your respective opinions, would you like to see more of from the established tech companies such as, for example Nvidia, AMD, Intel, RedHat, Cisco, Asus, IBM, and others? Embracing open source more is a given, but what else? Anything else more specific?
    I saw the ‘Building Your Own RISC-V CPU With SiFive’ video and was quite impressed with what they’re doing and their approach, even though what they’re doing is for a very niche market.

2. What’s a problem you have that a piece of equipment, hardware or software could fix, but doesn’t exist (yet)?

3. What would you like to improve on about yourselves (channel, content, videos) in the future?

4. What (No spoilers on upcoming videos) are you most excited about regarding computing and computer technology?

First of all, thank you for some really nice content.

Is it possible to make more videos in the future that are similar to the btrfs, raid, zfs, memcp videos Wendell made a year or more ago? I really enjoy them, especially because Wendell elaborates and goes deep enough into the subject, that something is learned and enough is known to get started on ones own.

Will there be more interviews with people like “the zfs guy”, sorry, don’t remember his name. That one really rocked my boat, getting some of the underlying understanding.

I really enjoyed watching the video with the arm server from Gigabyte, personally am very excited about this type of server and would love to see more non gaming related “geek” content along those lines. If nothing else, was nice to see Wendell that excited.

1 Like