ASIO slideshow leaks posted on 4chan and Imgur

Some pretty horrible things in here with even more horrible implications.

1 Like

Well, I’ve been saying this for years: AAA titles are DOA. Don’t buy into them, support Indies instead. (Preferably at full price. Humble Bundles really give the Indie developers the short end of the stick in my opinion)

1 Like

Doesn’t effect me in the slightest. But still some shitty underhanded business tactics. Not surprising, though.

Implementing this for games is the least worrying scenario. Lucky for us they do not offer their services for any political means, how noble of them.

And?

This is just business as usual. These companies exist to make money. They just happen to be using games to make money.

Nothing to see here, circulate citizen.

nice to see that big data is making its way into everything( fuck you big data). if you are a company that takes part in these practices just stop. i dont care that you want more money i dont care that you want more sales. i want my privacy the fact that you are getting all my meta data from cell phone and more means i have many ways to get pissed and sue your freaking pants off for not having an opt out policy. just dont freaking do it.

on a side note nice share and thanks for sharing. will be on the lookout for these smart ads just so i know who to target with a lawsuit. ( some what kidding but mostly serious)

Hey, big data keeps my lights on.

im glad it pays your bills but i dont get a cut nor do i get a say in what i am willing to let them have so… as far as i am concerned big data can burn in a fire and never come back and i will be happy. i refuse to be the product i am the consumer not a product.

Figured this thread would explode with outrage. People were collectively losing their shit with EAFront 2 a couple months ago and here we are looking at the future of mobile and AAA games with these slides.

Previous dynamic pricing models caused backlash because customers viewed selectively increased charges as unfair. Our models go under people’s radars by disguising dynamic prices as rewards instead of indirect taxations.

You can try to say it won’t affect you but if you’re thinking of playing vidya in the future it absolutely will.
The looboxes aren’t going away, psychometric modeling is on the rise, the AAA scene is trying to use matchmaking as a tool against the average player in order to coerce them into microtransactions

1 Like

Whoever made that powerpoint did a really poor job.

1 Like

I’m 100% sure this was never meant to see the light of the public eye

1 Like

Blood boiling over here.

1 Like

How business presentations are meant to be made:
6 hour preperations for 15 minutes presentation

How business presentations are made:
20 minutes preperations for 15 minutes presentation.

Yes it looks bad, but that is because the PR department did not get involved.

1 Like

the actual presentation bothers me as much as the ideals proposed and thats pretty bad

FFS people do not put what youre going to say on the slide, boring!

this

holy shit

2 Likes

So no one will comment the 3D mapping of your home with your phone or the Audio section from the presentation ?

Or like exploitation of children by people is illegal but from AI it is not ?

didnt get there yet

AHHHHHHHHHH

Well that’s the fun stuff … those slides also have a - THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL - line.

Still it could be fake, made by some internet warrior.

Even if it isnt real it is still putting these ideas out on the internet, they very well could become reality if they aren’t already

1 Like

Oh I am well aware that those things are in use. Some of them have been discussed by Wendell and Ryan on the news show.

just to inspire more people to read the slides I will put the intro to the good slides here -

1 Like

trust me my anti mobile gaming and anti AAA is now to its peak but still my boycott of most major players is still in effect so no skin off my back but my blood is boiling from all that was exposed. did not surprise me in the least but it made me hyper aware of what is going on. and i will now be looking into many multiplayer games with a magnifying glass.

1 Like