Arma 3 / DayZ Texture & Geometry loading commands ?!

Thank's for peeking in :D
So with the Arma 3 launcher, I am finding the game to run way better with Texture & Geometry loading commands - file operations for 6 - 4 core 5 - 3 thread CPU's.

I've been looking into the launcher file's to find these command's but no luck and was wondering if I was missing something.

If anyone could help me out with this so I can get DayZ running these command's for it. :P

Side note yes having -exthreads=5-3 is a thing but only give's file Operations and texture loading or just texture loading. > https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Thanks again <3

1 Like

Most of those start-up flags were deprecated on DayZ +/-18 months ago. : (

Yeah I heard but through testing I have found that -enableHT / Hyper threading work's and the memory and what not still work.
( Also not 100% but core's and threads count still work )

The DayZ engine has less and less in common with ARMA3 with each passing day, so YMMV.

Back in the day, I could only get 18-25FPS on DayZ, so I was somewhat expert in these matters, but there came a point in the development of the game engine, where these startup parameters began causing more problems than they solved.

The following may be helpful, only if the hardware detection routine fails:
-cpuCount=X #where x equals the total number of CPU cores.
-exThreads=X #One thread is assumed, so enter how many additional threads should be used.
-enableHT #enable hyper threading - DO NOT USE with -cpuCount
-maxmem= #amount of memory to use in megabytes.
-maxVRAM #amount of VRAM on GPU.
-winxp #Forces DX9 mode.
-malloc= #Specify an alternate memory allocation manager.

Quite honestly, I think you would get better results nowadays by tinkering with the DayZ config file in C:\Users*USER*\Documents\DayZ

Thank's for the reply, I only use -enableHT for hyperthreaded Intel CPU's ( i7's % maybe the new AMD CPU's ).

With the 64bit arma 3 their's -hugPages command that's ment to help 64bit, that I'm testing on DayZ.

The bit that's getting me is that on the Arma 3 launcher you can enable Texture loading and Geometry loading with out File Operation's that i'm trying to figure out. :'(

But yeah ill deffo check the -maxmem since I did stop using that in 0.60 update. ;)