Arma 3 Exile [Community Server]

Thanks Eden!

I'd certainly be up for this - Big arma fan here, usually doing Invade and Annex but been looking to move into a new game mode as well

2 Likes

Awesome! Will look forward to playing some Arma with you!

1 Like

Would you run it like a campaign with a night a week dedicated to the group moving through the campaign?

And would it be structured with squad leads and people with roles etc or more of a free for all?

Would you have training throughout the week and general non campaign missions as well?

Lots of questions I know but things to consider!

1 Like

We are running Bajor's Sector Control In Jungle on the Team vs. Team Server:

http://themedicstation.net/

1 Like

No worries ask away!

For now it's current running the map in the orginal post what's a rather large map that has "RPG elements" such as FOB building, a 'Commander' role to control AI, and overall units/players.

The gameplay style is pretty relaxed, so you can go on there with a few friends or even by yourself, build an FOB if the points are there, take some towns together, ect. On a larger scale, ideally it works best when everyone works together to take towns, and even more so the cities. So there will be some sort of structure simply because it's needed to progress, but no locking down someone to roles, so IE: If you picked to be a medic you don't have to play as that for the whole game, you can change freely as you wish.

(Plus on this current map anyone with a first aid kid and rez team mates)
Ideally we want to be relaxed so anyone, at anytime can join the game play for a while and enjoy.

We're going to be adding a mission rotation of highly rated missions and requested missions to the server itself, so once one mission is complete it'll tick over to another. Or a request can be made to change the mission itself if the players on there are not too keen on playing the current running one.

Also, the server can be used at anytime to play since this map its currently running saves itself, even on server re-start so progress can be made over time what's pretty cool. And hopefully we can get some decent sized games planned for the weekend were we can all get on together and just have a blast.

2 Likes

Current state of game on server - 3 FOBs built, about 1/5 objectives done

FOB Alpha

FOB Bravo

FOB Charlie

3 Likes

I'm down for a game this weekend

3 Likes

If anyone wants, I'm on the Team Vs. Team server for Sector Control In Jungle:

Come join in tomorrow! You can see flipped over tanks by rocks. And team mates trying to land choppers that got hit by a missile!

2 Likes

So, where are the players?

There was a whole bunch of us on there last night from roughly 8 to gone 3am. Hopefully we can get a more official meetup for a game soon. But last night's turn out was pretty decent for such short notice.

2 Likes

I got a paper to finish, it's taking a bit longer than expected, so no Arma for me until that damn thing is done.

1 Like

No worries, this server isn't going anywhere fast. :slight_smile:

Few snaps from some of the players playing tonight. Thanks to the ones who joined was a lot of fun!

1 Like

mom, i am on a screenshot with bigass rocket laucher! :open_mouth:

ps: wanted to make some screens as well... but too lazy after midnight, maybe next time :smiley:

pn me if you run into magical problems.
SQF Dev and "Admin" for more then 3 years.

I'll probably visit if ping isn't killing me and when i have a working windows again.

1 Like

Nice! I'll keep you in mind if we ever run into issues. :slight_smile: Thank you!

My name on Steam is Ungari if you guys want to jump into a Sector Control match.
Also, I Admin two dedicated servers if you want to put up a mission at;

Good stuff guys, may reinstall now :slight_smile:

2 Likes