Arma 3 Exile [Community Server]

Hello follow level one’s! (and hopefully Arma 3 players!)

Me and @wUFr have a public Arma 3 server and are huge Arma fans naturally, we are big Arma 3 players so this public server we’d like to extend to you guys, Level1, or your friends to freely use as you wish.

The Server goes under the name of ‘Dragon’s Forge’ there are a few easy ways to access this server:

Either join via this address: arma.dragonsforge.org port: 2302
Or simply join our open group from here: https://units.arma3.com/unit/dragonsforge

That will allow the server to appear under your ‘units’ list on the Arma 3 launcher.

On the unit’s page there is also TeamSpeak, Discord for communication if you wish to use them.
Or use your own as you please, nothing is mandatory to use the server.

The server is running Arma 3: Exile. This is an open world survival mod, this includes base building gathering items, fighting other players to survive and also hostile AI. The character you play, what they collect, gather and build will be saved. So when you return you'll have your items and progress, and bases. Unless they're attacked :wink:

The link for this mod can be found here: http://www.exilemod.com/downloads/
You install it the same as any other Arma 3 mod.

make sure you have only Exile mod loaded and nothing else, otherwise you might get an error, or kicked by the server

If you have any issues with the server itself, or any players on the server please contact: @Weskie, @wUFr, @Eden on the Brotherhood of Level1 Discord. https://discord.gg/5ATAQKh what can be found on this link. Or alternatively contact us on the Dragon’s Forge Discord, what is on the Dragon’s Forge Unit page as above. Or simple do “!help” in the in-game chat inside Arma 3, without quotes. That will alert the admin and moderation of the server using rcon.

12 Likes

Great.
We should get a night to all get on.

Where's those 30 odd arma fans we have!?

6 Likes

Also worth mentioning, even if server will be empty or nearly empty. You can hire up to 10 AI players at each FOB and they are pretty OP, so you can take towns with just them if thread is low enough (that "!" marker on top right). You can lower enemy threat by doing "side objectives" which are also triggered at each FOB

We would also like to make some community meetup, probably some weekend saturday afternoon-ish? If we get enough people, we could have some epic battle over there :smiley:

4 Likes

Is there any interest in Team Vs. Team?
Midnight and I have made some custom server sided modded mission gametypes using Sector Control as a basis.

http://themedicstation.net/

Here is one that we helped develop with Total Bajor:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=723976851

If there is enough interest and players (and this is a open server too) I can't see why some PvP matches can't be done. Also domination versus could be pretty fun given if we get enough players together on at one time.

1 Like

Our missions are designed to be played by small teams 5 vs.5 to sides of 50 vs.50 limited only by slots on the server.

1 Like

that Domination we played on Arma 2 was TvT but with AI as well, we could do that, but as said, we would need more players for that.

I think we should do PVE (Team vs AI) first and if we gonna get bunch of people together, then we could do TvT mission

dat submarine tho :open_mouth:

also we don't want huge amount of addons on server, so people wont have to spend half a day downloading them all to play, cuz some of them can be huuuge :smiley:

1 Like

Our missions have a small squad of AI assigned to each Team for base defense.
The Goals/Objectives can only be performed by human players though.

1 Like

Server-sided means everything loads in upon joining the server, no mods or packs to download.

ah yea, i meant addons like planes, boats and such

ps: added to favs, and if we would get plenty of people, i guess we could try it out

1 Like

All the items are Vanilla APEX.

2 Likes

Hm, that's cool. We'll have to check this out!

1 Like

Man, theses look like damn fine shots. wUFr has subscribed we're going to give it a twirl! If all goes well I cannot see why this can't be added to the mission rotation.

1 Like

Those mods you are talking about. Is it just you and your buddy thing? I didn't do or participate on any mod creations but if you guys need some assets you can hit me up. Using blender w/ substance painter 2.

This is the best i can do:

5 Likes

We're in the baby stages of creating our mod, currently we're building a custom world (terrian) as this is the biggest hurdle for Arma since it's tools are just damn right horrid. At least with world creation. However! Once we have our custom world in-engine and we start weaving our story and custom characters in, we're going to pretty much open the doors for anyone to help as they wish, from help with story, modelling, texturing hard surface assets, organic assets. Or even just re-texturing whatever is there as long as it fits into the universe we're creating.

We'll totally hit you up when the time comes if this is something you might be interested in.

2 Likes

Cool. I will be seeing you on the server then. Friday probably the soonest. Have to update and stuff.

1 Like

I am still in process of learning 3D, but Weskie is a "3D GOD" teaching me all the good stuff and how it should be done. I will most probably handle the website part of it at first, then do models or it depends how capable is my brain gonna be, since its memory is already lacking a bit, lol :smiley:

2 Likes

Will look forward to seeing you! We're always lurking around the L1 Discord, or the Dragon Forge one itself, too if you want to chat or keep track!

1 Like