Argone's Everything Everywhere All At Once Blog (1 year linux, lab, gaming, photography, and more!)

This is awesome, keep it up. I wish my family wasn’t so chea… frugal back then and that they had invested in camcorders so we could have the memories now. Oh well. I’m currently scanning all the letters my grandfather wrote to my grandmother during WWII so that they do not get lost to time. Google’s hand writing recognition isn’t half bad- but still far from 100%.

I am sure I will run into my grandparents letters from wwii. both of my grandpas served. One in europe and the other in the pacific.

2 Likes

doing my 1996 preschool xmas thing. Feel like a long as time ago. was a long ass time ago.

I am awaiting for knives out on blu ray to arrive so i can watch it. I dont like renting if I dont have to and generally I keep movies around to watch with friends and family.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/aegs-1-year-linux-challenge-blog-month-2/

I have a linux blog going. My linux experience will be documented in the linux blog.

It’s been a minute since a posted.

Here is a tour of my partially finished basement.

1. Two x 65inch tvs in (at the top),

2. Two x 4k 27inch monitors + 32inch 240hz monitor centered.

3. Drawing Laptop

4. Primary system
    5950x, 6900xt, 1050ti (windows vm), 64GB of ram

5. Ancient HP LCD from 2007ish

6. ACER 144hz 1080p

7. Mac Mini

Left: 3950x Proxmox server
Center left (synology ds)

Center Right: pfsense router

Right: Proxmox build 2

Far Right: Macbook (proxmox)

Exercise bike and storage area. Also cat hammocks.

Sorry for the mess. In the process of cleaning up. But also the media collection is only part of my collection. The restart are boxed away till i get more shelving.

@Trooper_ish @psycho_666

7 Likes

Real nice place you got there!

I am propper jelly!

2 Likes

Needs some more dry walls in a few places, and painted black.

1 Like

I’m not. Have you seen the price of the electricity lately?
So many puters and screens…

2 Likes

But, we did not invade another country for their oil, so our oil, and electric is more pricey…

Imagine electricity is free. Such toys to play with!

3 Likes

You communist…

3 Likes

All that fancy tech and that trash Dell keyboard…

Did you see the das keyboard. the dell keyboard is how i show how much i care for my mac station.

2 Likes

I am part of the problem of global warming!

2 Likes

Aren’t we all?

2 Likes

I fyou arent running a computer on algae then you be part of the problem.

3 Likes

I am a problem, not a solution…

2 Likes

My pfsense got fucked. In a power outage, the bios got deleted somehow and the ssd isnt being read. Atleast the ram, gpu, and network card are fine. Plugged them into my old FX 8320 and now have pfsense up and running again.

Pfsense does automated backups now.

Wouldn’t have helped with the dead bios, but it’ll help not having to reconfigure all your stuff afterwards.

3 Likes

Going strong. We are approaching a year of linux use. I have been satisfied with popos for the most part.

5 Likes