Are Zotac PC's secure?

Hello everyone I am intrested in getting a ZOTAC ZBOX C Series CI327 as my pfsense router for my small apartment. My question is this hardware secure? I was doing some searching and found that zotac is based in china do you think these device’s come modify with spyware?

Zotac might be vulnerable, but we know that Intel’s chips have exploitable vulnerabilities.

You probably don’t have anything to worry about from either Intel or Zotac, but the only way to be sure is to check your actual board against the design specs. Device interception is a real threat, and just because a product model isn’t compromised doesn’t mean that your individual device isn’t.

Your ISP’s cable modem is probably more of a threat to your network security than a consumer-grade box from China.

Lol dude like every brand of mono is made in China. Doesn’t matter if the company is based there, chances are its probably had some point of manufacturing there. Beyond that, I wouldn’t be worried. Most of that stuff is looking for corporate servers, secrets, Shit to steal and resell.

Many are actually made in Taiwan, which is a separate government. Zotac is not one of those, though.

I basically wouldn’t worry about it. Zotac is fine.

Super Micro also does business out of Taiwan sooooo

Yes, but I believe their assembly is in mainland China.