Are there waterblocks for threadripper pro or their motherboard?

I’ll suggest the CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240 TR4 model.
MASTERLIQUID ML240 RGB TR4 EDITION
It has a full coverage coldplate for the TR4/Epyc IHS.

Be aware, the mounting often isn’t the issue with brackets being available.

BUT there is a reason why all coolers designed for TR have a massive heatplate, far larger then for AM4 and LGa115X / 1200.

So even though you can mount an aesatec AIO or a small EK Suprimacy onto SP3, you might have a worse performance then expected.

I recently got an Alphacool Block that costs like 60€ in the base version and 80€ in the fancy schmancy RGB what ever.
It has removable brackets that are meant for SP3 and that include holes that appear to fit AM4 as well.
Comes with an LGA3647 Bracket as well as one for LGA 2011 / 2066.

Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora …
can’t say anything bad about it yet.

And i’d always go the diy route. leak-testing has become easy with those pressure thingys.

1 Like

There are lots of good DIY TR4/SP3 compatible blocks available.
But very few ready to run AIO solutions other than the old Enermax series which had tons of issues.

I’d also take a look a the very good Alphacool Eisbaer AIO solutions with which you can order the TR4/SP3 conversion mounting kit separately.
Alphacool Eisbaer 240 AIO + TR4/SP3 mounting kit

Very good reports from a teammate that uses this brand for his Intel hosts.

I’m late to the show here (as always) but there is also this absolute unit from EK. Bleddy expensive but it’s a chonk of metal for sure, no acrylic, no RGB, no acetal in sight… If that’s your bag.

I’ll stick with my Optimus Absolute Threadripper 3+ block at $200.
No RGB or other bling, just basic absolute engineering and I think looks quite good too.

1 Like

I think the latest, best AIO solution for TR/Epyc is the new Alphacool
Eisbaer Pro Aurora 360. $200
Alphacool Eisbaer Pro Aurora 360
You get a proper pump and radiator, expandable if desired and the coldplate is full coverage for Threadripper.

1 Like

The satin silver one and pump/res combo is what I opted for. Have yet to get the hardline so I cannot attest to its effectiveness. However, the build quality is very apparent upon unboxing, and initial impression is that Optimus is the real deal. Pricey for sure, but worth it so far (imo).

Yes, pricey but the best engineering costs. Some of their products are cheaper than the popular, well advertised kit from Europe.

I have the cpu blocks and the pumps. No gpu blocks yet since not much chance in getting the high-end gpus they make blocks for.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Last time I checked, that product wasn’t released yet. I’m seriously considering to buy that kit instead of an Icegiant Prosiphon. Still waiting for Threadripper 5000…:-/ Good AIOs for Threadripper are few and far between.

The extreme line 280 with 140mm fans sadly hasn’t an updated cpu block yet and I rather take 140mm fans and 280/420 radiators.

Alphacool does make a 420 Eisbaer AIO for standard cpus. Just need to update that radiator with the Pro stuff.

I hear that. At the moment I don’t have a gpu that requires a block but no telling what the future holds.

Most of my gpus are EVGA Hybrids or EVGA Hydro Copper blocks.

Nothing removes concern over high gpu temps for distributed computing like a water blocked card.

Normally sit in the low 40’s for my gpus while crunching BOINC projects.

2 Likes

Alphacool needs to release a Eisbaer Aurora Pro Solo product so that you get the good pump and full coverage pump/block and then you can mate it with your choice of 420 rad and fans.

Their AIO tubing quick release extension kits fit all their Eisbaer products. That will get you the needed lengths for mounting in large cases in any position. Or just go with your own compression fittings and soft tubing.

2 Likes

I’ve gone with the optimus fittings to match the rest. Want to do borosilicate glass pipes but that’s a project for a different time. All of my energy is going in to maxxing out the performance of my rig [within my means].

Do GPUs with water blocks have compatible connections? Got my eyes on the Gigabyte/Aorus OC Gaming 3080 WB (water block).

Most everything water cooled in the consumer space use G 1/4 standardized fittings. So everything is compatible.

Quick disconnects use the standard G 1/4 fitting also but the mating mechanisms may be proprietary within each brand with respect to the male-female fittings.

For a gpu, just attach a male-female set of fittings or pigtail hoses to the standard G 1/4 ports on the card and plumb it into your closed water loop.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.