Are there any x86/x64 smartphones? (Q2 2016)

x86-x64 means AMD64 aka x64.
x86-x64, AMD64 and x64 can be used interchangeably and are not the same as x86.
x64 has more instructions, more registers and supports 64 bit addressing.

The Lenovo K900 seems to have a CPU that is quite a bit weaker than the one of the ZenFone. It also only supports up to 2GB of RAM according to Intel... So that's a bummer...

Okay, so I was just about to buy a Zenfone 2, just to try it out and play around with it for a while. But after watching some videos I realized quickly that Windows runs sooo terribly slow on the phone that it is barely even usable for anything.

ok emulator well that will be of course slow becuase it running on android and not useing the real power of intel processors so u can understand how slow it will well i m still doing some researching on these windows on android x86 here some littel processed

it better then normal emulator

it is runing on vm/emulator but useing real intel processor also in also process it use 1gb ram u can increase
+ if u want run only windows x86 software on android any phone
the app is it avebile on play store

ExaGear - Windows Emulator or
ExaGear Strategies
it avebile on play store
and for x86 intel processor limited software only it is
crossover
i hope these will help u and plz relpy if u read these and srry for my bad english :smiley: also news are comeing windows now can be runing on ARM processors

1 Like

Necro

@justforcomment, thanks for your detailed input, but please check the date of the last post before making a reply.

Opened at OP's request.

Fujitsu F-07c is a mobile running windows 7. And now there are few Chinese tablets offering dual boot tablets

Uhh this thread is dead super Necro try making a new one @moderators

Necro.

If OP believes this thread should stay opened, feel free to PM any of the Moderators or Leaders.

Reopened at OP’s request.

Any update in 2022? I am frustrated with nit being able to run native linux on a good specced phone

1 Like

Yeah, I too have a Zenphone 2 Intel based phone which may I add was (and is considering the age) quite a snappy responsive phone.

Now, I didn’t really count on Intel winning the phone and (low end) tablet market (high end different story). That said, due to considerable large number of users, developers and x86_64 development tools/environments that more alternative software solutions for the OS would have poped up!

Where are our Linux Native Firmware images for this?
Not really caring that much to use it for normal phone calls, that said, Internet based communications over 4G are definitely neded/wanted.

Can anyone point out to a custom recovery/uboot firmware that would enable for example to boot an X86_64 installer from an USB-OTG connected USB Stick so we could install Linux or even Windows on this baby?

1 Like

Here’s how Linux runs:

I assume, because you visit this forum that ypu are keenly awate of how much more efficient or simplistic Linux and open-source software perfoems vs proprietary Windows

How would a person use cellular phone calls via the Linux operating system using this intel atom chipset system without android? I think having such a device would be great, and truly make the device 100% cuatomizable software wise, without arbitrary root access being disabled by android.