Type here. Markdown and html has been disabled for this forum

Type here. Markdown and html has been disabled for this forum

As someone who works in the Information Security and Pentesting area.
These things can be gold mines to those doing research for whatever reasons.

The utilization of knowledge gained from this is where it enters a gray area since it cane be used for good and abused for bad.

Now snusbase is one of the more controlled and logged outlets of such informaion with monthly subscription costs.
But elsewhere out on the deep/darknet is where the real stuff lies, the actual dataset’s and anonymous database search portals.

So trying to shutdown something like snusbase or other legal public services is pointless, since the dodgy deep/darknet equivalent’s still go on unperturbed.

While keeping them is of an advantage for security vendors that can use this information to alert users etc.

I’m a particular fan of

5 Likes

It’s really not all that important, i mean, most of the recent leaks are easily found, even on the surface web. You just have to open your eyes (and know some peeps). These are of little consequence imo.

But they are helpful, there’s a lot of stuff you can glean from these databases, and while i personally don’t know why people pay for the services, since you can basically just search the data yourself, they are, never the less, useful.

but yeah, as @catsay pointed out, us infosec guys can really use these stuffs, for ethical purposes ofc

Wow so databases.today is full of… neat databases. Everything from brazzers to (I can’t believe I have access to this) stratfor & NSA emails! Cool!
Thing I done found, IAD.gov
Got that front the [email protected] which led me to the NSA information assurance service center which led me to IAD. Anyone care to guess what the cryptic description on https://www.nsa.gov/what-we-do/information-assurance/ means?

5 Likes