ArchTitus| Vulkaninfo - problems

So I have installed Arch Linux with the ArchTitus script, it’s not perfect by any means, but it got the system starting with a nice look and feel. I added some wallpapers though from the dwt1 github, and fixed some widgets.

Had to install some extra features since the one’s that was originally supposed to be put in place didn’t work. so I have been installing some extra applications in order to have all that I feel that I need. Right now; I’m in the works of trying to check my drivers, but I have forgotten all the necessary commands for that, mind me that I haven’t been on Linux for the past 4 years or so.

I have installed things that was missing in order to get the system working to my needs, I still have to know which drivers are on if I’m to do the ONE-GPU Passthrough, that I have been thinking of.

I have tried to get the vulkan information over and over again, but it’s not been able to give me it, apparently in the Ubuntu based systems you just install vulkan-utils, and then “vulkaninfo” and “vulkaninfo | less” are supposed to be working…

I don’t know what to do next, at all, so some help would be very much appreciated.

pacman -F vulkaninfo

$ pacman -F vulkaninfo
extra/vulkan-tools 1.1.96+6873+85ba793e-1 (vulkan-devel)
    usr/bin/vulkaninfo
3 Likes

Thanks a bunch!

I will need a reboot in order to get it working?

-F is used to find files. -S is used to install, so you want to sudo pacman -S vulkan-tools

2 Likes

That I know, I have installed the tools now and I get information about it. ^^ Thanks!

1 Like

Just as a general note:
For the most part the “reboot to get X working” is not really a thing on Linux when you install software. When you install something the files just get placed in a specific location. When you type the name of the executable, the shell looks through various locations in order and only if it can’t find it anywhere will throw you an error.
If you’re installing libraries, they get registered in ldconfig by the package manager so they can be found by whatever software needs them right away.
The only thing really you need to reboot for is when you install Kernel updates, and I believe there’s also ways to get around even that.

2 Likes