Arch on Acer C720 Chromebook ((Help))

I really wanted the c720P, but a touchscreen isnt worth another $99. Haha.

Yay (:

E17, cool!

I think that's where either gentoo loses its magic or distributed compiling is needed

It's because of the limited resources, firefox is a big MF in linux terms, it really gave the SSD a good workout, and the m.2 interface is the bottleneck of the C720. Anyway, it was a pretty silly exercise for maybe a 1-2 % increase in performance, but I wanted to compile FF 27 anyway to look at the logs, with the Mozilla warning to check the code and things, I used the latest GCC with full auditing, and I didn't need to use the system anyway, so it was not a complete waste of time, just a clear sign that Gentoo with source installs is not the way to go on a C720. I had the install itself run over night before, and I didn't realize that it was so slow to compile. Other things were much faster to compile though, as soon as they were small enough to fit the tree in RAM, it was pretty fast. I just don't feel like letting it compile for over an hour with every FF or DE update, so I'm not sure I'll be keeping Gentoo on it, in my view, Gentoo is pretty pointless unless I compile everything from source for the performance benefit, but that benefit has become really small in comparison to the old days, for FF 27 for instance, the overhead savings in comparison to binary are 226 KB in total, that's pretty obnoxiously little, only a good percent.