Arch Linux Base - Grub issues

So when I'm trying to install grub I get issues mainly saying it can't find my partitions I followed the arch Linux guide but I used cgdisk over fdisk for gpt.

I have also followed brenns guide and I get issues where it comes to the gummiboot install he says to mount a folder structure and my arch says it is not present so I am stuck both ways...

Any ideas on the issues? I would much prefer to install brenns way over arch's for install speed :)

Thanks 

Are you by any chance dual-booting Windows? I had problems with grub when I tried to install Arch alongside Windows.

You can create your own grub.cfg file. Take a look at /boot/grub/grub.cfg.example.

You basically only need this to boot:

ins gzio

ins part_msdos

ins ext2

set root='hd0,msdos1' (where hd0 is the first harddrive, msdos 1 is the first partition on the drive, you get the picture)

linux /vmlinuz-linux root='hd0,msdos1'

initrd /initramfs-linux.img

EDIT: the above was copy-paste from my own grub.cfg.

Make sure your /etc/fstab is correct.

Make sure you have a Bios Boot partition if you are using GPT disks.

You could also try Syslinux.

I would recommend following the Beginners Guide in the Arch Wiki. I have never un-sucessfully installed Arch while following the Beginners Guide.

No Linux only and I'm tempted via syslinux over grub as its easier to modify although grub ain't hard, I just don't understand why the system won't install grub, tried gummi and still nothing lol I'll retry and post a error message