Applications flickering with new 30xx GPU

Hey guys, so I’ve recently upgraded to a new build, which runs on AMD 5950x + 3060 GPU. I have a HDMI connected to a Dell monitor, and DP onto a BenQ monitor (in portrait mode) both at 60hz. Geforce driver is currently running on 466.77 version.

My situation is that when Chrome/Word/etc are opened in the Benq monitor, the top bar flickers intermittantly. I have tried turning off hardware acceleration to no avail. Meanwhile, the applications opened in the Dell monitor which is connected via HDMI has no issues. I have yet to try the connection with HDMI instead of DP as I don’t have a spare HDMI cable atm. I hope this could be the simple shortcut solution.

I hope to solve this however as I am looking to increase the number of screen, which inevitably will be via DP. I have read similar experiences with the latest GPUs over the last 12 months from the 20s-30s Nvidia GPUs, but I haven’t found anyone whose reported a relatively successful workaround.

I was wondering how people manage this.

TIA.

You have a crap dp cable, swap dp cables

3 Likes

Replaced with a new HDMI and DP cable, issues continue to persist. I wonder if it is an issue with my monitor, its an “old” 2016 Benq monitor…

Can you get some cel phone video of it happening?

There you go.
So I have the monitor on portrait mode. The right edge/what was the top of the monitor, flickers as you can see.

I’m starting to think this is a monitor issue…
At idle, with no windows in the portrait monitor, the flicker doesn’t happen.

But since i am currently on dark mode, i can see that its not just the corners, but the entire top bar area.

1 Like

Try some different refresh rates like 59hz instead of 60hz?

Cru let’s you make custom resolutions which might be handy

1 Like

where do i change the hz?
i’m currently on 59.99hz with no choices in the control panel / geforce graphics settings.

where do i download this CRU program? thank you in advance

problem solved; it was the monitor afterall.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.