❤ Apple

Taste aside, I’m not sure I understand this response. If the OP had requested help and folx had turned up to shit on them and say “apple sucks and you should have bought something else anyway” I would totally get it.

But this post was about sharing an opinion, and I’m not sure why others can’t share theirs? If it’s the community policy that comments shouldn’t express views contrary to that of the OP, or perhaps that a thread is “owned by the OP” - and should be moderated as such; I can accept that, but would question the logic behind that position on what I assumed was an open forum.

I didn’t share an opinion.

I was about to have an otherwise shitty long day and I shared my positive outcome.

It wasn’t some call to challenge to bring apple down a peg or start on conspiracy theory’s, it was meant to just be a post of a happy outcome at the start of my long journey down south.

1 Like

Having only 18 different combinations of phones is a definite plus when it comes to having parts on hand. Compared to 20,000+ Android devices.

That’s fair - opinion wasn’t the right word. You shared a positive experience. And I’m glad you had it. I don’t personally own any apple products, but my wife and daughter do - and they are more than happy with the devices, and the customer service.

Then what was the thread about? What derailed it?

So … what should be the correct response to that?

None?

Is it a thread then?

1 Like

Sigh basically what you are doing right now.I don’t take issue with you sharing a negative experience, just boggles my mind that you don’t see that making hyperbolic statements doesnt add much. PM if you want. No need to have this conversation here.

My iPhone XS Max had a problem with the battery, where it said it was degraded.

So I took it into Apple’s flagship store in Soho NYC, they promised to have a new battery installed in an hour, so I went out for a lovely breakfast at Balthazar. When I came back they kept me waiting for an additional 45 minutes, then they brought up my phone. I checked it out, it still said the battery was degraded and needed service, and additionally said that it was likely not a legitimate Apple battery.

They tried to wave me off by saying that would go away once it was fully charged, but I made it to clear to the manager that I wasn’t walking out of there until my basically new $1100 phone said everything was OK. They tried to repair it again, and fixed the not legit battery message, but it still said it was degraded. So I told them I wanted a new phone, they agreed, handed it to me, and I walked out of there.

I wouldn’t call this high quality service by any means, but it is just a sample size of one.

2 Likes

He shared his experience, I shared mine. What is wrong with that? Also, like I told @Big_Al_Tech, I didn’t ask you, I specifically asked @Eden. It’s his … whatever this is.

But hey, maybe this forum actually is as terrible as @SgtAwesomesauce suggested if you can’t even ask a simple question.

If that is really all it is, I guess this should have been a lounge thing, been put into “Post what new thing you acquired recently” or in the blog section if you wanted to follow up on that trip. It certainly doesn’t need it’s own thread here.

So in the end this thing needs an explanation, a move or a close.

Whatever.

hf

1 Like

Never had a chance.

I only have one apple device. My son has an Iphone 8. Here’s my question. If I take my phone to an apple store would they still repair it if he broke it? Even though I got the phone through verizon. Or does it have to be through them?