Apple trialed the “Independent Repair Provider Program” across 20 stores across North American, Asia, and Europe. And the program will officially start in the USA as of today! Other country announcement days haven’t been released.
Excerpt from link above to #saveyouaclick:
Who can apply?
Companies interested in performing out-of-warranty iPhone repairs may apply.
Parts resellers and distributors are not eligible for this program.
What are the requirements?
Business and operational requirements
Companies applying are required to be an established business, with business verification documents available for review by Apple. Apple’s repair tools, training, service guides, and diagnostics must be kept confidential.
The premises must be in a commercially zoned area, a residential address is not acceptable as a service location.
Participating service companies using iPhone genuine parts are required to have Apple-certified technicians perform the repairs.
Becoming certified to repair Apple products requires passing exams through an online Authorized Testing Center. Certifications are updated on a per product basis annually.
Detailed information about Apple Certifications preparatory courses and exams can be found here.
We are currently accepting applications from businesses in the US. Please submit an email to [email protected] providing all of the information below:
- Legal business name (Inc. DBA if applicable) under which the business conducts its operations
- Location address(es) (note: Apple does not accept home offices or PO Boxes)
- Location phone number
- Your business domain email address
- Your business website
- Previous experience or history with Apple as a Service Provider or Reseller
- Apple will not consider applications that do not meet the program requirements.
- Meeting program requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Apple reserves the right to reject any application without comment.
- Apple will not consider applicants that use Apple trademark terms as part of any company name or web pages unless such use complies with the Apple Trademark Terms.
To learn more about all of the service and repair programs Apple offers, visit https://support.apple.com/service-repair-providers.
From watching my local news, to be continually eligible, at least one Apple certified technician must be employed by the business. And Apple will train employees for free to be Apple certified technicians. The price for the parts will be the same as the cost give to official Apple authorized re-sellers.