Apple space bar issues macbook 2016

It seems that te most recent iteration of Mac books has a problem with dust. Im not actually sure how as the keyboard is physical and not optical but here it is.

Im not a Mac user but the fact they redesigned the key caps to make them smaller, is this a case of pointless engineering gone wrong?

1 Like

as i type this post on a 2017 macbook pro, I would not ay its pointless engineering just misguided product design. so one decided lets make this thing smaller lighter and better battery life while shrinking the bezel so that means all around smaller footprint which means smaller keyboard and less space for the internals. it actually sucks to write something even this long as you have to be carefull of your finger placement or you will hit the wrong letter/character.

PS. this is almost the first time I have writen something with out miss hiting a key. the PS section ruined that.

You missed an ‘s’ and a ', and a ‘t’ from the above

1 Like

lol I guess I’m still far from making this stupid keyboard work for me.

wasn’t there a controversey over the battery life with that Mac version where they went as far as removing the battery timer?

rules the planet from ibook

Wait what? Something new from apple is stupid? Neat.

1 Like

The timer is hidden now not removed but yeah they shrunk the battery slightly so if you do anything other than web browse other listion to music your battery life is not as good.