Return to Level1Techs.com

Apple Event Sept. 10

fuckyeah

Apple will announce the new set of iPhones on September 10 @ the Steve Jobs theater.

There are a few rumors out there already. It is rumored that there will be three new phones, and they will be powered by Apple’s in house developed 7nm A13 chip. Bloombergs Mark Gurman, who is also invited to the event, has a twitter thread of possible leaks: https://twitter.com/markgurman/status/1127798143347675136. If you look in the thread and at the date announcement photo. You will see that the colors match. Which maybe confirms that we will get a lavender colored iPhone.

Some other rumors are…

For the Pro:

• Triple back cameras - wide angle photo and video
  • Built in Apple air pods charging capability
  • Improved waterproofing and shatter resistence
  • New matrix chip
  • Multi-angle Face-ID
  • Matte backs
3 Likes

if it ends up being over 1.2k I’m going to personally go poop in the middle of an apple store.

4 Likes

How old is the last one? I swear it came out recently.

0 Likes

The XS is about a year old now.

0 Likes

Is that the usual cycle of iPhones?

0 Likes

yes

0 Likes

Pics or didn’t happen, so ask someone to film the deed

0 Likes

I’m still on 8 plus. Probably going to skip the upgrade for this year. From the rumors, I didn’t see any significant upgrade from my 8 plus. Not a fan of face id. I still love my touch id.

0 Likes

66 minutes to go. For the first time ever, Apple will stream the event on their channel on youtube!

4 Likes

I have a feeling it’ll be mole than the phones tho. Why would they immitate the old world logo?

1 Like

If they do a throw back Thursday type move, they definitely messed up by not having the event on a Thursday.

It is rumored tho that the logo is supposed to show the new iphone colors.

0 Likes

Awww thats stupid. I want them to be like ‘we changed architectures again like in the 90’s. Bam, arm laptop’

2 Likes

It’s just a rumor tho, so you may be right.

Supposedly 2020. But that again is another rumor. Also, I think Apple does Mac announcements in October.

1 Like

They have been doing more mixed up announcements, but anything Rene says about announcements is typically what actually happens.

'Sides, iphones aren’t that impressive to me. Sure the A chips compete with exynos chips in performance, but you can’t actually use it for anything.

1 Like

Darn you Reddit for lying to me!

1 Like

Nah the month is still how they ‘preannounce’ more often than not. I don’t doubt its just phones lol. I can hope tho.

1 Like

pinned globally #17
0 Likes

Pinned until over.

As well as youtube link above. its on apples site as usual: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/livestream/

2 Likes

If they announce an iPhone that retails for ~$300 unlocked from the factory I’d be interested.

1 Like

$500 maybe. $300 clearly isn’t realistic.

From everything that been heard is sounds more like 2020 for the next iPhone se

0 Likes