Apparently Steam has a new tool that shows you how much you've spent on your account

It is. This is the cost of 19 AAA titles in today’s world. If you have more than 19 games I’d say you’ve gotten what you’ve paid for.

1 Like

Looking at others in this thread, I am definetly among the lower 30%

Edit: Total playtime is 4744 making this 0.103 cents per hour.

Not if you don’t play any of them, lol.
Oh the backlog, it hurts…

Irrelevant. The question is whether or not the value was there, which it is. Whether or not you act upon that is your own personal choice.

STEAM_spent
Looks better than…

So about $0.97 an hour with 1488 games on Steam. GoG only has 134 games on it at the moment.

3 Likes
Type Time Calculated Amount in USD
TotalSpend 2018-06-09 21:09:41.897 $714.95
OldSpend 2018-06-09 21:09:41.897 $639.95
PWSpend 2018-06-09 21:09:41.897 $0.00

112 games started with orange box ( had cs before then but no steam version)

This is what I am wondering. I have a lot of games but most of them I got effectively for free thanks to humble bundle where I bought the pack for one or two games and still at a lower price than retail. It won’t be able to pull the humble donations prices, so won’t be able to give an accurate price for me. Along with various other sites where I bought games cheaper than on steam and got keys.

Though this is stalling. I have checked these before and it is a big enough number, just nothing totally insane. I will post up when o get home.

Edit: @oO.o there are external calculators for total time played. That should make it easy enough to work out the $/hour

Well, very early on I did accept few trash games but since then I have refused to redeem them
and I have bought only games what interest me

I’m going to assume that your interest scope is even more niche than my myth fantasy rpgs, which I prefer being action rpgs, but not just actions
For example Shadow of War & AC Origins are both what I want, I dont own either one because I lost interest to investigate that how do I get complete game

1 Like

I like good games. Not just the same stuff as last year, but with different textures and the current trend game mechanic for 60 bucks + season pass for “eventuall dlc”.

I’d say more like the smarter 30%…

I hope I got all the data correct:

Beyond that red line, you spend more than the current average and you should get help
For the ones playing along at home:
Average: $1758.78
Total: $51004.66

7 Likes

What does the bell curve look like and what is the standard deviation?

Since I am very close to the average, I think I would be within the norm.

Also, we need to account for other factors. Like there is a strong correlation between the age of the account and the amount of money spent. There were few who had an old account and spent less than <$500.

ho-ly-fuck did I just use Prob & Stat. I guess that class wasn’t as useless as I had thought.

3 Likes

No clue. Just noticed the numbers are sorted in reverse to appearance in this thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

it is interesting how the chronological ordering looks like a pattern.

this of course isnt including my spend on…

ps4, xbox, switch and other pc platforms like origin, gog etc

… I think I have issues.

1 Like

Or a big budget.

1 Like

I wonder what the Median price is, and the cost/time spent.
Also how many games never or hardly played…

I think this one can do that:
https://steamdb.info/calculator/

Huh, gotta wait for my privacy shield to go down, but looks like that does what steam gauge did… nice

Nice graph. I think to contextualize it, you’d need account age or total hours played though.