Aorus x570 ITX & Ryzen 3700X Build in the Dr Zaber Sentry 2.0 | Level One Techs

Revisiting this tiny ITX powerhouse case with a the new king of power-sippy but powerful CPUs, the Ryzen 3700X.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/aorus-x570-itx-ryzen-3700x-build-dr-zaber-sentry-20
3 Likes

Ohh definitely watching now. I dig mini buildsā€¦

editā€¦ wow thats like the perfect sized mini PCā€¦ hows the AIO support?

Very very nice! That is an awful lot of power in an awfully small package (thatā€™s what SHE said, I wish). I almost forgot I had an account here, but all your excellent coverage of X570 reminded me Wendell, keep up the good work!

Iā€™m jumping ship from the other Aorus thread because this is the exact motherboard I have! Did you use the same settings on this one for memory? Great vid by the way. 3700x + ITX is a revolution.

Same as in the perfect setup thread but with a .15 v underclock

Ive been saving up for that motherboard and a 3700x, hopefully I can pick it up on sale later on this year but im itching to get my hands on them and tinker around with some overclocking. love ITX cases design is really efficient with its space. Nice!

Is that running the memory at 3600? I ask because a Gigabyte rep on overclock.net was able to reproduce something that might be of interest. I was wondering why my 3900x was spiking to insane voltages (sometimes topping 1.5v with PBO disabled). Turns out itā€™s related to running at 3600 XMP. Iā€™ll quote this here since it may be useful info:

From some rough testing-

Mobo: X570 Master
CPU: 3600X
BIOS: F5G

Default (no XMP) - Voltage goes to .9, clocks to 3600Mhz
XMP 3600 - Voltage stays at 1.4V, clocks 3600-4000Mhz
XMP 3400 - Voltage around 1-1.1V, clocks 3775
XMP 3600 / IF 1700 - Voltage 1.4V, clocks 3600-4000
XMP 3400 / IF 1800 - Voltage 1-1.1V, Clocks 3775

From very quick and dirty testing it points to clocks/voltage not downclocking with 3600+ memory. I will pass along the feedback to the team and see what they say. I do not know if this is a GIGABYTE or AGESA issue, I can only confirm the same findings as the rest of you.

3733 with 1.65v on the royal :smiley: (its an overclock hehe).

It doesnā€™t need the undervolt at all for gaming etc.

So youā€™re not seeing crazy CPU voltage then? Maybe I should have gone ITX instead of the Master, LOL! I tried your magical UEFI settings with my rig hoping the manual changes to the Vcore would calm this thing down, but Iā€™m still seeing crazy high temp spikes. Iā€™ve even tried applying a -0.075 voltage offset, but that seemed to do nothing. Oh well, back to endlessly rebooting and testing!

I will try to test a bit more, what ram do you have?

I bet you could overclock the ram a bit, or underclock it. It is worth running IF 1:1 if you can.

I have a really good 3600 CL15 G.Skill 2x8GB kit. under a water block for silliness and giggles. Iā€™m trying to simply run the stock XMP, and lock the fabric at 1800, then work on maybe tightening down the timings. 1:1 was my goal from the start, stability over performance all day.

Iā€™m also questioning just HOW to properly monitor voltage on this thing. HWinfo64 seems like an awful option, since it ā€˜ticklesā€™ the cores and causes them to boost, but it does show the crazy 1.48v spikes on a LOT of the cores, sometimes popping over 1.5v. Itā€™s not just 1 or 2 cores either. CPUZ is better, but I canā€™t really see core behavior with voltage. Ryzen Master just says 1.48-1.5v all the time, even in Notepad. :slight_smile:

LOL. I bet if you up the voltage to 1.5 you could just clock it up to 3733 no problem. if you run IF at 1866 in async mode, does the voltage spike problem go away?

I have no idea, but I sure will test this tomorrow! Thanks for the tip. That sure would be awesome, if pushing higher speeds lowers my voltage, LOL!

Did Dr. Zaber also make the Valve Beta Steamboxes? That chassis looks so similar to the one the beta testers got. It could be a common-ish style since Iā€™m not familiar with the small form factor PCs.

Well, looks like the link stability over a non-standard riser is so touchyā€¦ that even a 1.0 earthquake can cause a BSODā€¦

The USB 2.0 header is still handy because so many ā€œsmartā€ pumps with AIOs and potentially some lighting controllers still need a 2.0 header. The Corsair AIOs and Commander RGB controller and the NZXT AIOs and Hue+ for example.

Many people like to hate on blower designs, but for ITX, blower is actually better because all the heat goes OUT of the case rather than be trapped inside.

Whats the difference between ā€œnormalā€ and ā€œautoā€ voltage with this mobo + 3700x?

Normal seems to be AMD defaults which is lower

Are you planning the GN washer mod for the 5700 XT? Theyā€™ve shown it could reduce fan speed.