AORUS RX 580 plastic shroud

Hi all,

I broke my Aorus RX 580 plastic shroud and I’m looking for a replacement. Ive been searching on ebay, newegg, and amazon for two days but i keep finding the fans. Does anybody have any idea where I can find a replacement for plastic shroud/ plastic cover? I messaged Gigabyte but they are taking their sweet time.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

AFAIK, shrouds are just there for cosmetic reasons unless there are metallic components in it that could be a heatsink of sorts?

Are they all just plastic? The card should still be functioning, assuming you can reattach the fans back.

I accidently broke 3 plastic parts that hold the screws to mount to the heatsink.

This is what it looks like. I need to figure out how to mount the shroud because the cooling fans are attached to it. Any suggestions?

Depending on how good you are with scissors and a ruler, you may be cable to re-make the plastic shroud out of cardboard.

Then put a a pair of chopsticks in the middle to hot-glue the fans to.

This here was the screw hole?

Where on the heatsink or card does that screw into?

3 Likes

Usually zip ties work pretty well for this. If you want something cleaner you can buy one of those Arctic universal GPU coolers and call it a day.

3 Likes

You can try zip-tying fans onto the heatsink. That can work really effectively. Or just have fans mounted in the case that are positioned close to the GPU heatsink, exhausting air into it. Arctic P5 fans are dirt cheap and static pressure optimised, making them the perfect fit for your situation.

As mentioned above, a Rajintek cooling unit is basically a replacement heatsink, which you can clip fans onto with metal fan clips, like a CPU tower cooler. If you were gonna go down that path, just check the mounting hole spacing for the die. Given you already have a working heatsink, I’d advise against this option.

Alternatively, you can always zip tie replacement fans to the heatsink, or zip tie the shroud back on the heatsink. Heck, you could even zip tie the shroud around the card for extra integrity, not that I imagine you’ll need it.

From what I can tell, the plastic screw thinggy you broke off goes into the side of the heatsink facing into the motherboard?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.