Aorus Elite x570 can't enter BIOS

well you need the gpu unless you also have an APU or another GPU… but I would pull all the ram but one stick. unplug anything the computer doesnt need to get to bios. stuff like that…

but really im just shooting in the dark here. I have no idea what it could be.

By the way, I wanted to q-flash the thing, but in the manual and on the internet Gigabyte says to ‘change the bios name to GIGABYTE.bin’, which file should I change?

the file extension should be the bios version on the file you want to rename.

so for example: x570_gaming_3.F7c

where ‘F7c’ is the files extension but really its just a bios version number.

I dont actually know exactly what yours looks like as I use Asus now.

image It looks like this, so I don’t really know what they’d want me to change, because there is no .bios file in there

the .F4 is your bios file

Dear God, it seems I’ve found the issue and yall won’t believe what it was

After reading some older posts, not just about my motherboard I found someone mentioning, that some people said that it’s a resolution issue between the bios and the monitor. The fix was supposed to be, hilariously, turning the monitor on at the right moment. At this point I was desperate, so during one of many reboot I decided to give it a shot. To my surprise, after the monitor turned on, there it was, the bios menu, fully functional.
I don’t know what to believe anymore…

1 Like

Then that means that BIOS screen is displaying a non-standard resolution, could be something like 1366 x 900 like on many older notebook displays.

The reason for the power off and on of the monitor is that that i syncs to the output signal, when left on somehow it is not syncing properly.

Could also be that the output is a standard display resolution but the sync is non-standard like 57Hz or something similar instead of 59 or 60.

So why would it output at that resolution, jesus, that’s such a stupid issue. At least I hope some people might find this thread if they experience similar issues

Could be an over-sight at Gigabyte when the updated the BIOS, I would make sure that they know about it as this maybe something nobody has reported before.

But yes it can be very annoying to say the least.

My current system with a Ryzen 3900X on an ASUS 570 Pro board does that. But I thought it was just the Vega GPU.

On first boot after power on the BIOS is fine. It displays fine after BIOS save or Control-Alt-Delete even. But if I let it boot into the Ubuntu desktop, then whenever I reboot there’s no BIOS display until I power it completely off again.

I have no idea if this is related to your issue or not, but it seems interesting.

Hi, any other suggestions to workaround this issue? I have two video cards GT1030 and GTX1660Super and two Dell monitor (1080p and 1440p). With neither of those I can enter the BIOS. Hitting DEL/F2/F12 is causing the MB to freeze on the startup screen.
I have tried multiple/single monitors, starting the board with the monitor off, plugging the monitor after the board has booted.
The best result I have had is on DVI after BIOS reset a windows is shown that the BIOS was reset and I have to set it up but when I hit enter the monitor is blank.
The only thing I can try is flashing the BIOS with the latest version via Qflash.
Any other suggestions???

Update: FYI Qflashed the latest F12e BIOS and the BIOS is visible now.

Oh my god, I can’t believe this was the solution. You’re my hero sir.

I added two more sticks of memory. After that, I couldn’t enter the bios. I took them out, and no problem. I was back in. This bios really is poor quality. I won’t buy another of their products.

I had to remove two ram sticks to get in.

I updated my Auros Master x570 with F31e and the same issue happened again. I practically disassembled the computer restarted, reset the BIOS and at some point it rose. Not sure which of the action fixed it exactly really annoying issue.

THANK YOU. I never would have got this. I Q-Flashed, did everything. Just turning off the monitor then turning it on once in the BIOS worked instantly. God, the strange bugs in the field of technology.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.