Anyone work with TestOut LabSim?

Starting a CIS128 Hardware class. The professor decided to try something new this year and get a $200 software to virtualize the assembly of PCs x.x

Anyone use it? thoughts?

I worked with it before. It's pretty close with the real life experimentation. I used it for my Linux class and the software worked like I was actually using the Linux OS(when I need to do certain objectives).

Interesting. Its weird that she was choose to use such a program, we have machines dedicated to linux in our local lab, but since the course is over IVN I think she may be subjecting us to the limited resources of the school she is teaching from. We definitely have the more tech-friendly school. We generally avoid doing something virtually when we have the necesary hardware and software available to us here.

I used labsim for my A+, net+, and security+ training. Its a very good product. i got one of the highest scores at the testing center i went to... and i feel that labsim prepared me for all the questions i was presented with. (some of them were very random, that wouldnt be common knowledge... such as differences btween legacy processors).

also, random fact... if you pause the videos, they always have a funny face. i think it was an easter egg or something. its a bit awesome.

Glad to hear it may actually serve some use. I'll have to check into this pausing thing.