Anyone tried the new UEFI F3g for Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7

Thought I’d check here before I went all flash happy on my UEFI.

Change set details as per the Gigabyte site -

Add NVMe RAID support*
	Add Ryzen Master support
	* Note: Before BIOS updating, you MUST backup data on the SATA RAID array, and rebuild the RAID array with this BIOS version and new NVMe RAID driver. Refer AMD website for details and downloads: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/NVMe-RAID-Support-for-the-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-platform.aspx

Just to report back that flashing went well. There are some extra options in the UEFI now, especially on controlling PCIe bandwidth on slot 1/2. I’m sure there are more additions, but so far it looks stable.

I have flashed with F3g.

Unfortunately for me I am unable to see my M.2 NVMe (Samsung 960 Pro 512GB) drives as being viewed as SATA/AHCI devices, so I can simply not create RAID volumes even after this release.

1 Like

If they are not appearing as SATA/AHCI, what are they being detected as?

Could you share a dmesg log as your system boots up, assuming you’re on linux as well? Do this too,

[root@threadripper mnt]# hdparm -I /dev/sdc | grep Trans
	        Transport:          Serial, SATA 1.0a, SATA II Extensions, SATA Rev 2.5, SATA Rev 2.6, SATA Rev 3.0
	           *    SMART Command Transport (SCT) feature set

replacing /dev/sdX for your m.2

I had extensive issues with my X399 Aorus 7, even after RMA. So much so that I couldn’t get any Linux kernel to work on it (4.14+). I got rid of it and now have the X399 ASRock Fatal1ty and can use NVMe RAID with no issues.

Perhaps I just had terrible luck, but I hope nobody else continues to run into those issues with the Aorus 7. Gigabyte still hasn’t released any new BIOS updates since F3g (10/17).

Wow. Didn’t think they’d just stop development for that board. Mine is still boxed, will try dump it on eBay.