Anyone that uses X265 is apparently a pirate

So?

Listen, I’ve had a shit day. This guy won’t see reason, and there is no sense in trying to convince him. Just say your piece, and let the reader decide.

What the hell are you wanting? Him to acknowledge you or something? Let it go, man.

And if you continue to insist we go over there and witch-hunt him, then I’m going to instill/delegate disciplinary action. That will not be tolerated here.

8 Likes

This was the same guy that shat on me for having corrupt footage because the circumstances didn’t line up.

I had no money for a fresh SSD. The SSD we used couldn’t be erased (because of personal preference from the SSD’s owner) so it was fragmented, our storage solution bailed 1 week before the convention and I had to run like crazy to get things re-organized. No sympathy for all the shit I went through and he just went straight to “Yeah, you’re inexperienced. You’re spewing bullshit, get lost.”

ON TOP OF THAT, I was fired for that corrupt data and I told them (the convention) I deleted it to try to re-grab that data at a later date.

But no, the firings didn’t stop there. I was fired from everything where my skillset would be put to great use because of rumors from that one incident.

Still nobody trusts me. All I have is my tech videos and now people are saying it’s a waste of time and money, and that I should be a “normal” person and buy a “normal” PC.

Sounds like you just need a break and to get back on your feet.

That’s been 2 years so far. My depression hasn’t gotten better, and what I’ve done in terms of tech videos I get no praise for, just criticisms that I’m wasting money and that I’m not normal for running triple/quad boot.

Yeah, it got that low, that people were calling me out that triple/quad boot was for insane people.

If the only groups which exist are antagonistic to your ethos, then you should build your own space.

I’ve seen your posts on Reddit, and this forum. I don’t think you feel like you really have a ‘home’ somewhere.

From what I can tell you know your shit, but have undergone multiple misfortunes. And hey that’s okay! Life is tough and unfair. But we get by.

Just do what you can to build a better place. That other forum sounds like a lost cause for what you want to do.

Don’t waste your time and effort on areas where you won’t be appreciated. Try a new angle.

5 Likes

There’s more details in a reply I made to the Level1 DXVK video after watching it last night:

That what a pretty heartfelt response.

Original thread on DVinfo has since been deleted. This is the only record of what happened.

1 Like

Online arguments aren’t going to make it better. Could make it worse. But I don’t think that’s what you’re after.

2 Likes

is really

1 Like

X265 is the best ever

This reminds me of that zen koan ‘is that so’. Which is basically what people are saying here. Stop caring about it and walk away. You don’t have control over them.

Thread is back up, but heavily censored.

Edit: Now each time I post, there’s a gag filter to wait for a mod to approve posts. I hope the other person got the same though.

If not, that’s the “report button does nothing” thing all over again.

Pyongyang much, anyone?

How else would you get h.265 if not by using x265, I mean what other free h.265 codecs are out there? And if a codec exists and someone can play video using it, why wouldn’t you use the codec?

1 Like

There are none, but this guy wanted to beat the point till the horse died that x265 and x264 are used EXCLUSIVELY by pirates, who love violating copyright by illegally torrenting Blu-ray rips.

I tried to tell him, maybe I could have watched a demo reel on a TV at Best Buy, with legal content. NOPE. He insisted that WASN’T HEVC but H264 and that comparing that with ANY sort of point related to “Pro” HEVC is invalid…

BECAUSE HE HAS EXPERIENCE IN POST PRODUCTION, AND YOU DON’T. AND YOU’RE FULL OF BULLSHIT DUE TO YOUR INEXPERIENCE.

Seriously, FUCK

1 Like

No post to the original content.

If you’re going to ignore the repeated suggestions to walk away from this and instead keep yelling how shitty of a time it is, I don’t see why we should be giving this any attention tbh. We don’t give a toss about some other forum, we’re trying to help you. Stop engaging whoever it is.

2 Likes

Well, now I can’t, cause my posting privileges have been limited.

I signed up on that site in 2005 because it was my springboard to the rest of my career path. I’m still unemployed despite going to college for this profession.

Now seriously considering if I made the wrong career choice over 13 years.

Just back away from the internet, worry less about “proving people wrong” or “giving them the hassle they deserve” and go do something actually constructive.

The internet is full of people who are wrong, if you’re going to try pointing that out you’re simply wasting your time.

And? Take a breath, walk away. You can’t win the internet.

Well a piece of advice. If i was a prospective employer and linked you to obsessive posting to try and prove some guy wrong on the internet, and attempting to raise the rabble to go and personally attack him over the internet, it would sway me more towards “do not hire” because of the potential headaches.

Step back, let him be wrong, find something more productive to do with your time.

3 Likes

Yeah, at this point, I’m going to be unemployed for the rest of my life. I don’t think I’ll be able to find happiness anymore. Depression is just going to linger forever.