Anyone still rock a Phenom II?

Still using a x6 1100T at stock here, though it'll be made redundent in the coming weeks by a 5930k. ;)

I'm still running 965 BE and still works fine with 8 gb of RAM and 7770. I can still play any game on 1080p and gets work done.

I am seeing a lot of love for the phenom in this thread

shame amd don't capitalize on that properly

Yeah hopefully Zen will be a worthy successor.

If it is I think they should brand it as a Phenom III. I think the FX name has been tainted in the eyes of many.

Athlon II X4 620 eyy.Stock.

They made the chips for 7 years, I feel like they capitalized on it just fine.

this will make a great htpc for your livingroom!

The x6 with a simple die shrink and a DDR4 controller would make a motza!

Hey I'm also still running the AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T also still works like a champs I have this CPU for the past 4 years now haha.

i'm using Phenom II x6 1100t and it's briliantfor me even after those years i have it . I'm running it on stock specs but i want to try to overclock it,so any tips ?

I have an AM# AMD Phenom 2 Black Edition clocked at 3 GHZ coming in the mail as I type right now to finish up a gaming desktop I've been working on..... Basically all year.

Specs: Phenom 2 Black x64 3.0 GHZ
12 GB Ram (4 - some samsung generic DDR3 | 8 - some Gskil overclockable ram)
64 GB Samsung P800 SSD (boot)
750 GB Seagate Barracuda (storage)
160 GB VeloCIraptor (use not determined)
250 GB Seagate laptop drive (use not determined)
And some random 250 GB IDE drive (storage for music, movies, text files, and a swap file if I need one more)
A deep cool dual fan cooler
XFX R7 250X Core Edition w/ 2GB GDDR3 (It can do 4K!)
An Anted 500W earthpower PSU at 80 Plus bronze standard.
It's an asus motherboard but I don't want to open the case right now to see the model.
All wrapped up in a Raidmax Tornado case. Maybe cheap, but it's light and I can drill into is if I need to.

Thats decent specs for a machine built this year on a 4-5 year old chip. XD Easier to buy old than new, I say.

Really only the black editions are meant for over clocking. Your motherboard has to also support it.

What motherboard do you have?

It's black edition so it should be overclockable , motherboard is asus , i don't know model but it suport overclocking (it even have switch which should overclock it automaticaly but i would like to do it myself )

Determine your max core voltage, look around on forums to see what is safe.
I'd start with 1.45 depending on what cooler you have, and watch the temps.
Try bumping it to 4 ghz at 1.45 and see if it boots.