Anyone Know What This Specific Monitor Is Like? [- Link In Description]

I'm looking to get some nice monitor(s) when I upgrade, or after I upgrade, once my wallet has recovered a little bit. Well I was thinking about getting 2~3 of these beautiful creations, however, from looking online, I haven't seen a tonne of good reviews. I've seen one guy make them out to be god's gift to man kind... I haven't really seen anyone say anything negative about this monitor, so has anyone here had any experience with this monitor?

Is it as good as that guy that reviewed this monitor claims it to be? - Is it really amazing or is it not bad? Is it good for the price? Can you guys just provide me with your personal feedback?

Perhaps @wendell would have some experience. I know he has a plentiful amount of dell monitors surrounding him.

From my experience I love dell monitors, pretty much every monitor in my set up is dell with exception of my ASUS 144hz . That being said I haven't bought a newer dell monitor in quite some time.

1 Like

The major reason as to why I'm going to upgrade my monitors is mostly due to the fact that space is an insane issue, I can't help but emphasise how annoying and frustrating it is. That's another reason as to why I'm leaning more towards 2 monitors over 3, although I'd like to have 3 over the 2, but you gotta make compromises, aye?

If you are really tight on space, you can get one of those ultrawide LG 3440x1440 monitors... It have an interesting split screen mode, where it basically splits the one monitor into up to 4...

2 Likes

I always wondered how this works, those are some nice options. Dies it just fake being 3 or 4 screens rather than one, all with their own custom resolutions?

Well I have delayed the monitor upgrade, because Zen was confirmed for Q1 so I need to save all the money I can...
Anyways, the way I see things, it splits your screen as if you have different monitors. For example this 16x5 split basically gives you a 16x9 monitor and a separate 5x9 screen, that makes it perfect for streaming for example. You have your game 16x9 and next to it you have the twitch or YouTube chat... No need for multiple monitors. Or if you have standard 1440p monitor and you split it 4 way you get 4x720p screens... I believe they are treated as different monitors, but I can't be sure...
I am still debating with myself 1080p freesync or 1080 ultrawide...

1 Like

I am a bit oblivious to choices but a 4k 40" with that splitting option would be noodly meatball tier good ness.

1 Like

That actually sounds like heaven, I didn't know if such a monitor existed, I assumed it did, but wasn't sure. I love the ability to split the monitor into multiple virtual monitors, thank you very much for showing me this, I owe you! :')

It does sound like heaven. This is why I am surprised nobody have made videos and reviews about it and stuff.
That basically means there is a fault in my logic and the feature doesn't quite work the way I assume it works...
Ts back in the day made a few monitor reviews of models, having this feature and they have not mentioned it...
So I am not really sure how to respond to that...

1 Like

I've struggled to find good and detailed monitor reviews for ones I've been looking at, so I know that feeling.... I also think that I should look around for different ones? I think I'd rather a really good ultra wide or a really good monitor over multiple cheap monitors....

Well you can easily get two standard 16:9 monitors, ips and everything...
But yeah... There are some issues with multimonitor setups driverwise and your space is limited...
Idk what to tell you...

1 Like

Yeah, I'm currently using 2 incredibly cheap monitors and I've noticed drivers can be buggy as hell. By incredibly cheap, I mean they're the cheapest ones I've ever seen, no joke, the quality isn't too bad, but they were both <100 each, I think together, they even cost less than 150... They do the job for work to say the least.... But I would like something better in terms of quality, and the more you tell me about ultra wide monitors, the more I want one... :')

For work everyone who have used ultrawide say it's great. For gaming - not so much. It's something like 9 out of 10 games don't support ultrawide. That is where the split screen, LG is providing, plays a role. If I can play my games 16x9 and have the rest allocated for some podcast or recording or streaming software or whatever... Heaven on earth.
For gaming though, you can easily get cheap freesync monitor and have a second one for dual screen work...

1 Like

Yeah, I've heard many say ultra wide is God's gift for workloads, additionally, that split screen feature, it's actually amazing.... That feature alone has made me want to get one... I mean like you said, some games don't support the aspect ratio, but thanks to the split screen, it's not a problem at all....

I've decided I need one now...

1 Like

Before you do anything make sure the model have split screen 2.0... The initial implementation have a lot less split screen options, and some of the newest models even have pip capabilities...
You also need to decide if you want a freesync model or standard non freesync model... Do you want 2560x1080 or 3440x1440...

1 Like

I'll be sure to keep that in mind, thank you! :)

Free sync would be a nice advantage, but if the price difference is good enough, then I guess I can easily live without it. I'd also prefer 1440 x 3440, I don't mind the idea of 1080 x 2560 however, I'd like 1440p over 1080p...

Depends on what kinda deal I can get in the new year really, but I'll have to look at my wallet balance once I've upgraded my PC and Desk. If I have got enough for a 1440p one, then sure, why the hell not? :D ... But I may just save and wait till I can afford the 1440p ultrawide monitor, rather than buy the cheaper one and settle for less.