Anyone know a music player android app that isn't terrible?

A lot of the albums I listen to have multiple artists, for some reason a lot of these apps think that having a different artist means its a different album, the other thing I need is easy access to the repeat 1 option. Anyone know a music player that has both of these things?

I use Poweramp as my music player and If I read correctly it has both of those features. The artists tab does list by album, however you can click on "All Artist Songs" for the full list, also if you do click on the album it will only show the songs for that particular artist and not the whole album like some other music players I've used. Also the repeat 1 option is clearly visible on the player menu in the bottom left corner of the album art.

1 Like

Sweet this looks like its exactly what I need, thanks

I use BlackPlayer. the Albums tab on BlackPlayer correctly puts all tracks into that album - I personally know this because I listen to a lot of soundtracks that tend to be written by multiple artists.

UI is pretty clean, the free version has everything you can want (and no ads) - only lacking in some UI customization features. It has lots of options; some effects for you music like a 5 band EQ, reverb (if you're into that), bass boost, and gain boost. It also has some neat features I like, in particular the option to have music resume when you plug something into the 3.5mm jack. I love this feature since I use my tablet as my player, I typically keep my tablet in my back pocket and sometimes it's just not easy to pull it out, pause, do whatever it is I needed to do with the music paused, and then hit play again. Now I can just unplug my headphones for pause and plug them back in.
On my phone, this system is like...95% reliable. On my tablet, sometimes it seems to forget that I had BlackPlayer running so sometimes the tracks don't always resume when I plug my headphones in.

Speaking of tablet, one complaint about the UI is that it obviously wasn't designed for tablets in mind. While the interface is still very navigable, and it does adjust the artist/album/track view appropriately to your screen size, it does not seem to adjust the resolution of the album art.
I thought this was just because I was using small sized images for the album art, so I added some high quality ones and they still display pretty pixely on my tablet. The good news is that it's only a graphical problem and not a functionality problem. Once you get past that, the player functions perfectly!

1 Like