Anyone have any short 3U/4U 19" chassis to share?

Gonna put a thread up for this since it’d just get buried elsewhere.

I’ve got a 26"-deep Middle Atlantic (I guess they’re Legrand now?) Slim-5 rack that I’m planning on moving and consolidating a few systems into.

It’s an awesome cabinet for ‘home’ use once you get some of the decorative panels for it, but unfortunately 26" doesn’t seem to be a whole lot to work with for most enterprise equipment so I’m just asking around for options before I buy a pile of those Rosewill 4U cases and call it a day.

Issue number two is that I need:

• Sliding rack rails to be available for it.
  • SSI-EEB support.
  • Room for at least six 15K 3.5" drives (so, a non-zero amount of airflow at least).

Anyone have any short-ish (25" depth or less) rack chassis that they’ve used personally and would recommend, and that are reasonably priced for a whole cabinet of them?

I haven’t used a specific model that fits your requirements but I have used a short Plink case and it is fine.

http://plinkusa.net/

Converting Moon Units…

How about the 4U SilverStone GD07, as far as I know the smallest footprint 4U case that even handles E-ATX (tested with an ASRock X99 WS) and has space for numerous 120 mm fans for relatively quiet and efficient air cooling.

Together with a Noctua NH-U9S it can handle a 5950X with PB2.

If you don’t need external 5.25" bays you can install (with a bit of DIY) your speedy 3.5" HDDs over 120 mm fans optionally mounted at the bottom near the front.

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.