Anyone gotten Cloudflare's "Chrome Captcha?"

Yes, I’m calling it “Chrome Captcha” cause it is a subliminal ad for Chrome.

Google has been working on a “invisible captcha,” but this is not what I imagined Cloudflare would try to leapfrog over Google while using their reCaptcha in their product in an invisible manner without warning. Apparently this is a big problem for people using Tor, but I got this randomly just browsing PCPartPicker.

May I ask, how bad is this problem when using Tor? Since the majority of sites now use Cloudflare for DDoS protection.

How is this an ad for Chrome? This is a regular reCAPTCHA, they’ve been using it for years.

It happens on regular use occasionally when their algorithm goes wrong, nothing bad about that…

If you scrolled down sometimes on the page, sometimes their summary on “why this happens” includes that your IP block might be sending too many of the same requests due to malware if it’s a personal connection…

That’s what I call concern trolling if the algorithm can be wrong.

Yeah, because every algorithm ever written is perfect and has no faults :roll_eyes:

Heh, and Content ID by YouTube is the worst example of this… Guilt of infringement can be proven by algorithm? Ever thought of people abusing the system? Like placing public domain national anthems, claiming them, and reaping all the profit from adsense on unsuspecting users? (That’s real, and it’s happened to many people on YouTube)

Yeah but I only get that vhen I use google search on my phone. I have 2 different VPN’s and a GPS scrambler installed so most of my services are screaming at me whenever I do anything on cellular. I have to go on wifi to use the playstore lol.

This is why 2 VLANs (or more) are optimal in today’s privacy invading world. If I ever get Windows 10 in our home network, It’s going to be behind a separated restricted VLAN with a IP filter and will have to use a guest network for Wifi, no password, with authentication tokens with single use keys instead of passwords cause of the “Wifi Password sharing” function.

If I could, I’d run Pfsense in a VM, then VLAN the network interfaces to my Windows 10 VM by having both Pfsense as my Anti Windows 10 firewall, and Windows 10 running at the same time with 2 VMs.

Or… I could run a Windows 8.1 VM with Spybot Anti-Beacon.

Oh, and Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and all other smart speakers are banned in my networks.

Or you could just run unix-likes…

I do.

Ubuntu with KDE on a Thinkpad,

Ubuntu and Fedora 26 dual boot with Cinnamon on a different machine.

But for those games that just won’t play nice with Wine, I have my Windows 8.1 passthrough VM.

Ugh living the dream. I beg to the gods for the chance to get another 580, 32GB DDR4-3000, a pile of SSD’s, anda nice X370 setup.

Or dual xeons. Either or.