Anybody have an idea of what I should do?

Tyan S8030GM4NE-2T
Epyc 7313p

Problem is I get no boot, Ipmi works, I’ve done what I can to update to no avail. Current BMC version is v3 it can be updated to v4 but only through command prompt. The system should boot as is, bmc and bios version are new enough for Milan. Any idea? or send hardware back?

Only hint I get is this ipmi / vga output screen saying PSP postcode E316.

Google returns basically nothing, only reference I found to this post code error is on a github submit page.

Well after some tinkering I came across the system inventory information screen in the ipmi. It displays a 7713 with all 8 dimm slots occupied, which is not my configuration. To me it looks like a used dead motherboard… I just bought this board “new” from newegg. Ugh

1 Like

NewEgg has been on a lot of people’s ess list lately. Can you not do a CMOS reset on this board?

I don’t know why anyone would continue to buy hardware from a Chinese company

EDIT: NewEgg being the Chinese company, in this case

Not TYAN at fault but Newegg. Someone probably broke it and returned it. Then Newegg look at it and it seems OK so they send it out again as new to the next customer who wants one.

PS, if you did not know you’d think that was a working board. All you’re looking at is the IPMI controller not the BIOS screen.

1 Like

I get it…I’ve had my share of problems with the Egg over the years and they’ve certainly gotten worse in recent years. However, they typically have a great selection of gear and somethings like this Tyan motherboard are tough to source for a decent price, and at another trustworthy retailer. Newegg has issues for sure, see the scam they pulled on Gamers Nexus and others. Even with that though, they’re still typically a good goto source for parts.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.