Anybody have a Raidmax Smilodon? How's your cable

I cannot for the love of god find a way to manage cables nicely in this case, the motherboard tray is actually ATTACHED to the right side panel, and there are 0 holes for management. if anybody actually did a decent job with this case, please tell me a coupla pointers. fuck that CM-690 i was wanting to get....

Can you take a couple of pics as to how your build's insides are currently arranged?

Also is your PSU modular, do you have a dremel, rubber grommeting, blah blah blah? Honestly, cases with upper placed PSUs are harder to clean up than those on the bottom :/

if you open the motherboard tray panel you can tuck some wires away behind the hard drive and Cd drive cages thats how i did it with my friends PC

is it a bad idea to cut the unwanted connectors on a NON modular psu?

You can. But it'll void the warranty. And you'll have to cut, solder, and heatwrap the ends.

blooddrunk has one, and a friend of mine has one, if blood sees this thread he'll post pics of his. but he might not see it, he doesnt post very often

George wrote 9 minutes ago »

blooddrunk has one, and a friend of mine has one, if blood sees this thread he'll post pics of his. but he might not see it, he doesnt post very often

vuala?

Lol, i dont have any pics on this computer, but its decent. Better then the oh so famous antec 900, but still pretty shitty. Atm, I've kind of modded in some fans for extra intake and basically shoved that huge ass snake you call into the corner and zip tied it. This ofcourse being known as the art of cable management.

I mean, if you want a cheap case thats easy for building your first rig, then go with the smilodon. I just got it because it was on sale for like freaking 50 bucks. I haven't regretted it at all.

PinoySigma wrote 5 hours ago »

go for it, but you're going to be pissed when you need those connectors down the road.

>I mean, if you want a cheap case thats easy for building your first rig, then go with the smilodon. I just got it because it was on sale for like freaking 50 bucks. I haven't regretted it at all.

lol i got my antec 300 on sale at microcenter for $34 :D

blooddrunk1029 wrote 4 hours ago »

PinoySigma wrote 5 hours ago »

go for it, but you're going to be pissed when you need those connectors down the road.

agreed, i have plenty of extra cables from my corsair 750w. but, i'm not gonna mess with them, just tie them up and throw them in the back. you never know when you might need them for whatever reason.

Raidmax is trash. Follow Ko's advice and grab a 300.

Raidmax is indeed trash. Its one of those "copy-cat" case manufacturers.... Like 100% identical cases etc as other brands

i know its not great... no, i haven't used a dremel or modified the case in any real way. i'll go out and buy over 9000 cable ties and try to clean everything up, im pretty sick right now so ill get to the photo's later, thanks guys.

The Smilodon has the same interior design as the Aztec which I myself own and am selling in a build i'm actually starting on tommorow for a friend, and I admit the cable management is complete garbage my friend.

Looks fucking bad ass I won't lie but getting it together was a bitch.

I did it! But it was a bitch.. here were the previous specs:

Rosewill 500w

Foxconn 915PL

P4 3G

1GB DDR

Asus ATi Radeon 3850

80GB HDD

Thermaltake Big water 735 (BIIIITCHHHHHHHH)

Xezmer wrote 1 hour ago »

The Smilodon has the same interior design as the Aztec which I myself own and am selling in a build i'm actually starting on tommorow for a friend, and I admit the cable management is complete garbage my friend.

Looks fucking bad ass I won't lie but getting it together was a bitch.

I did it! But it was a bitch.. here were the previous specs:

Rosewill 500w

Foxconn 915PL

P4 3G

1GB DDR

Asus ATi Radeon 3850

80GB HDD

Thermaltake Big water 735 (BIIIITCHHHHHHHH)

lol shit! watercooling? even if its similar to the smilodon, i can imagine how BAD it must be...

LOL Epic right?

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/r2tagy.jpg[/IMG]

Xezmer wrote 1 hour ago »

LOL Epic right?

HOLY SHIT you did it! i was thinking if it was possible to put a 120mm rad in the HDD cage area if we removed the tool tray area with a dremel, you think its possible?

If you can fit it right and find a way to like actually get it to stay with some mounting then the clearance should be fine.. or at least I would imagine so.

Xezmer wrote 4 hours ago »

If you can fit it right and find a way to like actually get it to stay with some mounting then the clearance should be fine.. or at least I would imagine so.

true, i think its more than possible, with a shop class at my school and a willing teacher i could make a mounting mechanism anyday :D anyway, how did you feed the water cooling OUT of the case? i can't find holes...