Certain anime series that I have been watching recently on crunchyroll.com (Yesterday) are now not playing. Specifically "one piece" and "naruto". Upon loading the episode page the flash window is displaying the control bar at the bottom of the window but is not loading the information for the episode, such as episode length. Additionally the header that typically says "Exclusive stream for username" is not loading. Other series such as "RWBY" load and play without issue, as does content from other sites such as youtube. This issue only seems to be occurring with older shows and only on crunchyroll.com.
Steps already taken:
1) Verified that flash was fully updated.
2) Emptied browser cache.
3) Verified that browser was fully updated (Firefox)
4) Tried alternate web browser (Chromium) with most current version and fully updated flash.
5) Restarted system with same issue recurring.
6) Logged out and back into crunchyroll on both browsers with same issue recurring.
7) Ran system update and observed same issue recurring.
8) Attempted SD episode versions of all three previously mentioned series with same results recurring in both browsers.
9) Enabled and Disabled hardware acceleration in both browsers with same issue recurring.
10) Re-installed both browsers with same issue recurring.
11) Verified account status is current and fully paid.
12) Opened developer tools in both browsers consoles and observed same error in both:
XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://126.96.36.199/cserver/clientresptime?cid=CID10912296.AID1483950328.TID6335…island-im-going-out-to-sea-651325%2F&resptime=9177&starttime=1484701890324. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://www.crunchyroll.com' is therefore not allowed access.
https://v.vrv.co/crossdomain.xml Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
I'm no web dev and was pushing my boundaries just finding the error. Does anyone know what this means? Some basic googling seems to indicate some sort of internal content access rule violation for the website, but I'm on linux and tend to look about internally before I start asking service providers why things are not working.
System OS : Ubuntu 16.04, fully updated.