Any way to make my phone stop thinking I'm European?

I have a European data provider so every website I visit I get the UK version. I have to dile +1 before every call. Any way to bypass these annoyances?

A paid Vpn with the option of selecting country of choice should solve the problem. As far as getting around the long distance thing, Start using VoIP.

1 Like

Don't use a European provider? That must cost a fortune if your not in Europe.

Od that you exit from the carriers end, who is it? they must pull all traffic for monitoring or something first.

It's the eropean sim that causes Android to treat me like the tea drinking soccer lovers. There is a country code tied to them. Of course my IP registers as from the us that's not the issue.

While some operators might add to HTTP requests special headers, other than that a websites have no way to know anything else than IP and what ever your browser puts in the headers.
In most cases if it is not about copyright/DRM website responses according to the headers browser sent (mainly Accept-Language).
Probably it is your browser that thinks you are UK. There is a distinction between US language/locale code and UK. There is a big chancee that browser simply takes the language preference from Android OS.
Android OS might have taken it from SIM (as UK customers expect).

Simply change that option in Android (language from English UK to English US) - it should work unless you already messed with browser settings.

Seems I was wrong my IP address is UK based. That expains a lot, oh well I guess I need my VPN turned on for American stuff.

Now I'm really curious though... Why do you use a european provider? They charge extra for data in the US (well, outside the EU in general) normally...

It's no big deal inside the EU (well, since a month or so anyway), but in the US? Must cost a fortune unless you have a roaming option or something...

most likely everything goes through their proxy, so the only thing you can do is change providers, or use a vpn.

Or use tor and get a new country every 5 minutes! :slight_smile:

if you really need to know, I don't pay a dime for my data. If I got an American provider I would have to pay money

Download Fake GPS Location android app, doesn't require root or anything see if that helps.

I already have a vpn and my actual gps readings would be what I want because I am not physically in europe. I'm good bro, consider this as solved as its gonna get.