Any vegetarians or vegans out there?

My gf is 100% vegan im basically 100% carnivorous.  We have separate refrigerators and meals its a pain in the arse to be honest.  But she likes it and she is happy so I deal and keep my mouth shut. :p

+1 man, good post.

This is the only valid statement so far, you can never know for sure. It's more likely they don't because of all the facts (which can be overturned) we know so far. But how will you feel if you learn that they do indeed have feelings? And you'd laugh at your past self like some joke about people that thought the world was flat not too long ago.

Ignore assassinofsanity he's just an ethics troll, always brings topics like this and gives a pseudo neutral comment while siding with the opposite of the OP belief to piss the initial poster off.

inb4 humans are herbivores

yeap, I've had many vegans try and argue this point. I just sigh, and die a little bit inside.

My partner is strictly vegetarian, and I was a vegetarian for a few years. I ended up eating meat again out of convenience: It got to be too stressful to check the ingredients for every little thing. I still stick to a mostly-vegetarian diet though.

Eh, I have an iron deficiency like everyone else in my family. I don't rely on meat, but i'd rather eat in moderation than rely on supplements. I can see myself being vegetarian, but I can't really see one side for favorable than the other. Though, veggies are much much cheaper than meat (where I live). So when i'm in a low spending phase i'll probably just cut meat out - so I can still afford decent beer.

I don't get the ravenous distaste against vegans/vegetarians, regardless of what human nature has been, we can always refine for the better.

Pescatarian as well, switched because I could never digest red meats properly, and well chicken is kind of bland, even when well prepared.  I try to stick to the local trout and salmon, not much more than the frozen stuff.  I generally prep my veggies in either an Indian or Asian style.

5 month old necropost even though it gets bumped every so often- This is considered timeless though,  so no lock.

I am not a vegan.I eat what i find tasty.

I'll bash you if you are a vegan for annoying activist type of reasons.I won't if you are a vegan for health/digestion reasons.

The price of vegetables are different depending on areas you live in. The price is pretty low where I live (Sweden) cause the community is aiming for good health to the people. You can get one kilogram of paprika for about $6 while one kilogram of mince (mixed meat?) costs about $7-8. Also, here, the companies cheat with the meatproductions more then they do with vegetables. Some meats, for example, contains horse (not a joke).

It depends on what you mean by growing cows. Cows are, nowadays, made by taking the genes from a male cow and placing it inside a female cow to make her "pregnant". We pretty much plant the genes from the same cow in multiple females instead of letting them do their business. You can call that growing cows since humans are forcing it upon them. I mean, what woman would love to give birth to about 40kids in her lifetime? Sure it's not planting a cow seed in the soil to make it grow, but it's not that different if you look at it like the female cow is the soil.

Other than that, there's a company who's developing machines to grow animal skins which are used to make clothes. They are already successfully producing, but they are constantly developing the method to create more a lot quicker. They are also trying to develop a method to create meat, but it's a long way to go i think.

You probably already know this, but to be sure you know, I'll mention it.

If you have iron deficiency, there are fruits, berries and vegetables that can help you out. There are, ofcourse, iron pills aswell, but i prefer keeping it as natural as possible. Raisins, blueberries and spinach are good examples. Probably why Popeye became stronger everytime he ate spinach :D

If you want more tips, I googled a site which shows pretty good information about it. It might not look like a "professional site", but it does give good information.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/fruits-and-vegetables-high-in-iron.php

I was a vegetarian, but I since I began working out, I started eating meat so I can build up. Lentils and eggs simply aren't interesting enough. :P

HIndu means vegetarian? I was raised as a Hindu, and my mom is devout but I eat all sorts of meat, even beef.

I don't really know what I am. I eat meat during christmas cause that's pretty much what my family serves and I don't like to be disrespectful just because I'm choosing a different path. But when I am in control of my own food choices, then I never eat meat. I've replaced fish with algae and I don't eat eggs. I've never understood why people don't consider eggs as meat since it's still something that develops into an animal. I mean, would you eat the snake eggs and say you're a vegetarian? Or maybe cut out the unborn cow and eat it and still say you're vegetarian? I'm not bashing on anyone, I just would like an explanation if anyone has one cause nobody has ever given me one before. They basically just say "It's listed as OK for vegetarian meals".

I basically live on fruits, vegetables and berries. One reason is because I like to keep myself healthy and it gives me more energy than I get from meats. But other than that, I just like to keep myself in a "extreme level" (as I call it). Cause I've never understood why we have all this information about different stuff and many don't abuse it. Why would we eat meat when we have proven that meat-lovers die early from heart failure and other problems indifference to vegetarian/vegan/pescetarian foods? Why don't we excercise when we know it will raise our energy and immunesystem aswell as make us sleep better during nights?

Maybe I'm just some kind of information addict... I don't know... The only reasons I can find that should defend eating meat is that it contains a gene which nothing else contains and about 0.000001% of the world needs it to survive cause their bodies are built to rely on it. Or (just a thought and not science) what if the reason meat stays longer inside your body is to make your body feel that it has something to break down instead of just breaking it down immediately and then complain about having an empty stomach (a.k.a. being hungry)? I've been a meat-eater before for about 19 years, so I'm not saying that meat-eaters are doing something wrong or bash on them, I respect them as much as I respect anyone else. But I just don't see why we continue to slowly kill ourselves when we know that it's killing us. Why don't we try to maximize the improvement of the human genes when we can?

I also wonder... if you eat insects, are you a vegetarian or something like that or are you a meat-eater?

Dude, this is the internet you gonna get criticized so saying if you don't wanna go overkill don't read this won't save ya ha ha. But i will be honest i got to about the 3rd paragraph and went to myself i get the picture of what hes saying and skimmed the rest. Not to be a dick or anything but go read some books seriously, read about agriculture,biology,biochemistry, physiology,nutrition even cooking and gastronomy. cause it sounds like your having ideological crisis or something. getting in the know about these things will provide you answers your looking for if it's that important to you.  

I should and shall, thanks, I got a big problem with it cause it's repeating in my head every day and has done so for months.. But everyone I ask about these things just say we're human and that's all i need to know...

I shortened the comment down btw, the warning and stuff was not to protect me but rather to protect the people reading it since I just feel like the questions are driving me insane and I don't want others to do the same.

unfortunately some people just don't care or think being ignorant is okay, it's why it's important you find your own answers.

science is a wonderful thing and admittedly the more you know the more you want to learn, but that's the beauty of it in my eye's,knowledge is power after all. more to the point it sounds like you need to the tools that will enable you to make informed decisions on what is ultimately the right lifestyle choices are for you and that is the most important thing in my opinion, knowing how to think not what to think. but that can only be done with a strong foundation of reliable information. 

I'm pretty sure once you got that down you will be apply it and i will even bet you will look further into how we as a species do things on this planet and whether it's the right thing to do or not. i suppose i should throw a few more subjects in there to look into:physics and chemistry (these will help with you to have a better understanding the subjects mentioned in my previous post) ecology, business & ethics, and even political ideology's. 

I agree with you. I thank you for all the help you've given me and I'm on the project of teaching myself all the different subjects. Ofcourse I probably won't learn them all in the "professional level" (no one can know everything, I'll try though), but I should atleast be able to learn a lot which will give me different views and better understanding of how things do work and should be handled. I just wanted to say thank you and I hope I didn't waste your time by writing this.

No problem man and not at all, if it's means giving someone a nudge in the right direction it's worth it to me. may your pursuit of knowledge be an enriching experience.