Any vegetarians or vegans out there?

I could never be a vegan or vegitarian. My metabolism is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Seriously I can't gain weight and i'm constantly eating things

I have a hard time gaining weight as well. It really doesn't matter if I'm eating all meats or just fish and seafood. No difference. People always accuse me of throwing up after I eat just because I'm thin (and I'm sure being female has something to do with these presumptions). It's kind of annoying since I love to eat and have an absolute phobia of vomiting. I just have a high metabolism and I eat healthy.

Haters gonna hate.

Aww.. I'm glad you're taking the wiser route than most people.

It'd be too difficult for me to have any animals my own and get them killed to be eaten. I fall in love with their cute faces and innocence. I'd rather have a pig or a cow for a friend than eat one. But thank you for going to the local farmers, supporting them and knowing the animals had a good life.

I hate those types of stereotypes about women.

High metabolisms suck in a way because i'm always hungry :/

but on the upside, I bike to work and my dad lives on the St. Croix river so i stay pretty fit   :]

It's funny because as a kid every adult tells you to eat your vegetables. I at them because i was hungry Not really because i liked them. I guess it worked out, because i look forward to eating veggies at dinner now.

Why do you care about mindless animals that career self aware or able to comprehend what death is, they only feel physical paiit and its the same for them as it is for us can't most vegans can't see it from an animals perspective that just because you would feel pain it must mean they would too.

How the hell do plants have feeling thats just utterly stupid and a argument can be made for animals but not plants thats just ridiculous.

replace career with arent(my iPad autocorrects everything on the tek website for some reason), replace paiit with pain, put not between its and the, get rid of the extra cant after vegan

Hmmmm, those piggies sure woullike ok nice chopped up and in my plate with some fried eggs.

I've been a vegetarian since I was a child. However, in my teens, I did get curious and try meat. I loved it but I could never stomach it so I went back. Having said that, I understand how difficult it can be for meat eaters to convert to vegetarianism.

How do you know they don't have feelings?  Plants are just as much alive as we are.  I'm sure it can be debated, but I think the main point we should take from deejeta's comment is...respect.

Also, that pic was posted to serve as some light hearted humor...nothing more.  :)

I am vegetarian, always have been.

Btw, someone who eats fish is a pescetarian. For some reason i go all ocd on people who claim they are vegetarian yet eat fish.

1 Like

I have always been a vegetarian too (lacto-ovo). I grew up seeing meat not as food but as bits of animals, so it was hard for me to be curious about what it was like. I dislike the smell and look of it and have a very good relationship with my food as it is. I don't always eat healthy, but I love to cook and I love good tasting food.

I think it would be great if people ate less meat and spent the money on higher quality and better raised animals. Hopefully one day lab grown meat will surpass the real thing.

Have been vegan for 8 months now. Did it for for health/semi-environmental reasons. That said don't care or look down on anyone who does eat meat because so much of culture is embedded into food and much "cultural" food has meat or animal products in it. 

I've tried being vegetarian once, but I couldn't stand not eating meat. Sorry, I like steak and cheeseburgers too much xD

I can survive on fruits and veges for a long time, but it's just that every time we grow them on our own (cause of GST on healthy foods, what is that shit supposed to convince?), snails, slugs, birds and cats eats them. Tried using a net but there's no way. Don't make it turn into electric-wires protected.

I have been a vegetarian for about 6 years , and i love it , never felt this good.

To be more specific , i am a laco-vegetarian, but i consume dairy products in small quantities.

There are times during the year that I refrain from the consumption of dairy , but not honey.

No.

Neither vegetarian, or vegan by a long shot.

The militaristic vegans you often encounter makes it hard for me to like vegans ;)

Then I do go for meat that has been bred/raised in a more natural environment, where they have access to fresh air, fresh food, and space to run around.

The reason I started to hunt, is not for the sake of shooting, and owning a gun. It was to be able to provide meat for the dinner table. 

Meat from wild animals, or from animals that have had a free life on the farm, tastes much better. You can taste the difference a mile away. 

I would rather reduce the consumption of meat, and spend more money on good quality, than eating poor quality meat every day.

1 Like

I have identified myself as vegan for about 4 years now. That is, I don't eat meat or dairy products and I don't wear animal skin of any kind. Entirely for ethical reasons.

All of my friends eat meat, so I'm used to having to defend my position but I try not to judge others. After all, I ate meat myself for 20 years and never really questioned it.

I am not a strict or militant vegan, I just use the term because it is the best way to describe my general diet and my thoughts on how animals should be treated, i.e. thought of as equals, not food or raw materials to be used.

Where I might differ from most peoples perspectives on vegans is that when I'm out with friends I'm happy to eat dairy if there is no vegan option, for the sake of being sociable, and I don't having any qualms about eating honey. I try to be realistic. I am not perfect. That said, you won't find any animal products at all in my home.

vegan food can be just as exciting or boring as omnivorous food. It really is no different because after a while you get used to it, and then going back to eating meat would be just as weird. 

I found this thread because I saw a video on the Tek Syndicate channel describing how to make breakfast Tacco's. They looked really good! And it'd be so easy to make a vegan version. Bit of vegan mayo and hold the eggs. Delicious!

I was a vegetarian for about 5 years, now I'm eating Paleo, because eating just fruits and veggies made me feel shitty (depressed). The extra protein, fats, and amino acids help a lot when working out/playing hockey, not to mention the fact that I feel better mentally as well.