Mother Board- MSI ATX DDR3 LGA 1150 Z97-G45
Video Card- Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Hard Drive- Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm
Processor- i5-4690k 3.5 GHz
Ram-Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866
Power Supply- EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 650W
CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-U14S
Extra Fan- Noctua 140mm NF-A14

Squeeze a ssd in to your budget as a boot disc even if its only a 60gb ssd a ssd makes a computers everyday tasks so much faster you will wonder why you never had one before.

Honestly..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157505
NUFF said way better mobo.. and get an M.2 SSD... for the money you can beat it.. might as well right? (i chose this one because the red color and your ram fitting it nicely) just saying... also.. I wouldnt go EVGA.. go XFX since they OE seasonic and provided solid PSU's... i dont like the novas...

I would suggest to use less money on your liquid cooler as I have i5 4690k and have run it with a stock heatsink for a few months and it worked fine (I am getting a cryorig r1 ultimate soon). Maybe stick to a cryorig or noctua air cooler but if you want a very good overclock maybe get a cheaper liquid cooler. And with the extra money use it to get a ssd and maybe a different mobo if it doesn't support some features you would like to have. However if you can spend the extra on a ssd I would not suggest to change your cooler.

build looks fine to me, psu might be a bit overkill.
basicly any decent 550W / 650W is way enough for a build like that.
Unless you want to add a second gpu in the future, then a 750W psu wont hurt.

Nice link although I'd have to disagree, although it is better than the Z97-A the Extreme 4 is cheaper and has a better over all design (the Z97X killer comes with the gamer bling price tag for that red paint).

The only thing that is better in the Z97X killer is the Qualcom E2200 LAN chip, aside from that the Extreme 4 has an overall better VRM design (NextFET mosfets, intergrated lowside and more high side mosfets, 6+1 PWM with doublers as opposed to the 4+1 design with doublers (mind you its not even a dedicated doubler, its just dual outputs. The extreme 4 has an IR doubler) on the Z97X. Overall the PWM design on the extreme 4 has a much higher design complexity than the z97x killer).

You've still got the same support for SLI and Crossfire on both boards (although that doesn't really matter I doubt any sane person would go above dual sli on haswell), an added generic display port as well as vga, dvi and hdmi. An added two sata 6gb connections on the extreme 4 as well which are handled by a proprietary asrock chipset whereas the z97x uses only the intel chipset's sata connections (so you have to watch which connections you use when you are plugging in drives)

In essence, you pay more for less features and a red colour scheme or you can buy the Extreme 4.

Also I agree with @MisteryAngel on the PSU, EVGA does although offer the 750W B2 which is semi modular and has a single 12volt rail and is an exceptionally good PSU for its price (you aint gonna need anything that is better than this realistically unless you are considering hardcore OC or more GPU's/other things that are going to suck power) Seasonic do a very good job of the m12ii evo 620watt which is fully modular and has very good ripple regulation, pretty much on par with EVGA except its a little cheaper and has lower voltage. Both of these have japanese capacitors (i think from memory).

The strix is a nice card and all but of the 970s its a money sucking hole from asus, you rae again paying for the price tag. I'd advise the gigabyte g1 gaming, msi gaming or evga ssc acx 2.0 (the acx 2.0 alone is made up from lower binned chips). they all hav very good pcb designs (which i looked over extensively when i was considering getting a 970) and clock very well, if you go through HWbot most of the higher scoring cards are MSI and gigabyte.

Hope that helps a little, other than that its a really good build, as most people have been saying you should chuck an SSD in the mix.

Extreme 4 PWM design:

Z97X Killer PWM design:

Thanks for finding this I was searching for a long time my self.. mind sharing your source?

1 Like

Its a secret....

1 Like