Any suggestions on custom ROMs, apps, or accessories for a S7 (Exynos)?

Hey!

My Sony Xperia Z5 Compact is kind of turning into a brick and I can't seem to figure out why. After some shopping around I decided to order a Samsung Galaxy S7 (G930F, the international model with an Exynos CPU) and am looking forward to it.

I'm interested in setting it up with a custom ROM and kitting it out with a few apps and making sure everything runs smoothly before I move my SIM card over to it. I would really like to find a ROM (if it exists) that lets me play around with my CPU's clock multiplier and voltage so I can try to reduce my heat output and increase my battery life. Besides that, a ROM that gives me control over some of the 'quiet' tracking my phone does (like adding location data to photos) would be cool.

My favorite launcher I've tried so far is Action Launcher and my favorite feature of it is that it adjusts its color scheme in real time based on your wallpaper. I want to find an app that will cycle through a folder of images as my background--I found one that got the job done on my Z5 Compact, but it was a random kind of dubious one and I'd rather find one with better presentaiton and a personal recommendation if I could.

Besides that, if there's anything else you'd recommend to go along with a S7, I'd be interested in hearing about it. I am ordering a cheap case off of Amazon, it looks thin and really that's what I care about the most (adding the least amount of thickness to the phone).