Any professional electricians want to swap my PSU fans? I'll pay well!

I have a Chenbro NR40700. The one listed here: https://forums.servethehome.com/ind…r-1440-48-bay-sas-rebuild-for-home-use.12522/

Instead of modifying the chassis, my idea is to swap out the PSU fans for a quieter model. Can anyone here do this for me? I will pay well for quality and for someone who has experience in doing this right. I am not comfortable messing around with PSUs. I would of course provide the fans. And I do want you to have some history in these forums so I can trust you.

So you want 8 x 40mm fans to be replaced by other 40mm fans?

I’m assuming you are looking to ship them or are you looking for someone to visit your premises? It may help to state where you live in the world.

Are there no local computer repair places near you?

1 Like

Yes I want to ship them. Yes 8x 40MM… if I only do 4 PSUs. I have 3 more, and I might buy another to have an even 4 for my other system. If I sent in all 8 PSUs that is 16 fans that would need swapping.

Which part are you uncomfortable about?
A fan has only 2 power wires. Just google “< your PSU model > disassembly” and follow the guide/manual/video/instructions. All you need is a screwdriver, cutting tools for wires and electrical tape/shrinking tube.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.